Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple ts questions

Garmil

I have the 9mm tactical sport and am shooting 125 gr blue bullets at about 1020 fps for just barely above minor pf.

What would be the best recoil spring for these loads? Was thinking 10 lb from czc will have to go somewhere else to get any lighter.

My gun functions fine but brass is not ejecting very far so I think a lighter spring would be better.

Can someone who has the czc fiber front sight measure its total width for me? I'm looking at the 1.5mm fiber version if it makes a difference. I like how much the factory front fills up the rear so im hoping the overall width of the fo is close or I won't order one.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Garmil

Oh man, I just realized your thread title said "couple TS questions", not couple OF questions. Everything I've told you was for the CZ 75. Not sure on how much they differ from the TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries.

I run a 13lb spring in my TS 40. It works fine for PFs from 134 to 166. At 134 the slide will not always lock back after the last round in mags using the CZC plank follower. I tried using the 11 lb spring. Operation was sloppy and sometime a round would not chamber. I put the 13 back in and everything worked fine. I don't mind the brass only going a couple of feet. Full bore loads don't go much further.

I'm new to the TS, but mine is set up with the 13 lb. spring, and it shoots reliably with 125 gr. coated lead bullets at 920 fps. Below 900 is where I start to see malfunctions.

I wasn't intending to go that low, but I was working up loads and only got a chance to use a chrono a couple of days back. I thought the 920 FPS loads were more like 1000... they weren't. I need to up the charge .5 gr. to make minor.

But... 13 lb. spring works fine in my TS down at 920-- I fired a couple of hundred with nary a problem. So it will be fine at 1020.

Edited by kuduman

I'm surprised people have had issues with 11lb and are using 13lb. Before this thread from reading around I was going to use 10 or 11 based on some posts written by angus hobdel. Now I'm not so sure maybe I'll pick up a few to try.

Tried a 10# and 13# in my 9mm TS in the old basement range last night. Didn't like the 10# at all, it felt like the slide was going to rack itself if I pointed the muzzle up, it just seemed really sloppy and i had visions of my frame cracking into pieces and getting a slide stuck in my face. Tried the 13# and there was more muzzle dip but I preferred it by far to the 10#. But it did run fine with the 10,11 and 13 pound springs in the low round count test.

I run a 13 lb recoil spring in both the 9 mm and .40 TS. But I shoot minor in .40. I did find there was more muzzle dip than the 11 lb spring, but it was more reliable so I settled on the 13 lb. If the guns ran reliably with the 11 lb springs I would have preferred 11 lb. But that's how my guns run, and obviously some run fine with 10 or 11 lb recoil springs. I think it's well worth trying different springs to see what works and what you prefer.

bigdave24, I haven't found that, but I'm going to give it another try. My powder puff Minor loads are 139PF and my "real" minor loads are 149PF, so maybe that is the reason. Any lower than 135PF with the 13lb spring and the slide won't lock back on a mag with a "plank" follower. I think I'll load up some sub 130PF just to see what happens. As I stated above, the 11lb spring does not work for me. I think I'll order a 12lb and see what happens. If nothing else, it's a chance to experiment.