Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge or STI Apeiro for Limited?

Bolt

Which gun would you buy for Limited? STI Edge or STI Apeiro? I see STI has stopped taking orders for the Apeiro, any reason why? Does this answer my question? Buy an Edge because the Apeiro did not go as planned? I know where an new Apeiro .40 is but not sure if it is better than the Edge. Is the sight tracker worth it?

I have a sight tracker SVI which is about the same concept as the STI Apeiro, and love it! I definitely think the rib helps, but IMO its less about the sight not moving and more about adding weight to the barrel that doesn't more much and removing weight from the slide, the largest reciprocating mass. You will quite possibly end up tweaking either you buy, may even take a mill to the slide/barrel, but if the difference in price is not an issue and you know where you can get one, I would pick the Apeiro over the Edge every time.

the shumann barrels are hard to come by supply cant keep up with demand i have an apiero in 9mm and love it ide say if you can find one grab it the barrel alone is worth 400.00 plus they look beautiful !!!!

Agreed, note that STI Has listed the Apiero unavailable for most of the past year .................

STI can't get barrels for the Asperio

I bought my first sight tracker gun about a month ago.

Shooting at the range /practice etc it a gun. yeah you can follow the frt sight easier etc

BUT

Shooting it in matches when everything is going on and you're doing your best to just get the front sight and press and go to the next shoot and etc etc. Makes a big difference. I've really enjoyed it for the short time I've had it.

I would suggest the sight tracker if you can find one on line ( John Unruh = Oak hill guns had one a few weeks ago)

Get whichever you like. As said above STi can't get the barrels for the apeiro ....

If sti can't the barrel you won't be able to either... Something to think about if your barrel needs to be replaced for whatever reason..... Like your wife goes psycho and jams an oversized screwdriver down the barrel. ;)