Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scott Warren fixed sight for Bo-Mar dovetail

gmshtr

Eric, I'm going to post a picture of my new fixed sight that Scott Warren made for my Bo-mar cut slide. I GUARANTEE that you can't break this one. I went to Scott after breaking a few adjustable sights...both Bo-mar and STI. Scott's sight (a different version) can be found on the Langdon series Sig, and Dave Sevigny's glock.

I'm going to take that picture tonight.

Phil

OK, I took the pictures, and put them on my forum, but I'm going to try and post it here....hmmm....let's see how this goes.

Crap...oh well it didn't work. I got "Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed." Whatever that means.

Anyone interested can see pictures here

I wish I could figure out how to get the picture to show on the screen. I'm such a retard!

post-40-1107322595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flexmoney

Phil, you don't have to ride the short bus. This forum software just won't let you use dynamic pages for images.

Unfortunately, your forum software won't let us view the posted pictures unless we register as forum members. Maybe you should send the pictures to ShooterGrrl and she can host them.

Scott Warren (sight designer) is in the process of starting a website. The best way right now is to email him at symtac@aol.com. Since most of our 1911/2011's come with Bo-mar's, he just asks that you have it sighted in, and he takes your slide, and BAM, he throws that bad boy on there. He uses a slightly rounded notch that takes some getting used to, but it's no big deal. He can make it custom just for your taste and preference.

His sight was originally designed for standard dovetail fixed rears...like this one:

http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicful...?product_id=200

Make sure that you're very happy with your load/ammo. If you change it, you run the risk of changing the Point of Impact. Mine isn't as sensitive, though. It's pretty much dead on with everything I put through it.

Phil

Nice, but does he have a version with a more traditional blade? That is, not cut out at the corners? Is its blade face plain or serrated?

Ugliness can only be judged from behind the gun looking through the sights. A nice sight picture is not ugly. Black is beautiful.

Hey Phil, what's up?

I see you schmoozed your way to a Warren rear sight. A lot of people have been trying to get them and wanted to know where. This is the same Scott Warren that is HRT/FBI instructor and has shot IDPA and IPSC, right?

Heard very good things about him. Heard great things about his sight. Is the rear blade serrated or plain? You going to Florida Open?

If so, I'll see you there, if you're shooting on Friday, or possibly Sunday, depending on how I fare.

He can make the sight to whatever specs you like. I'm pretty sure Dave's sight is a square notch. He can make it serrated, smooth, narrow wide....it's really up to you.

The reason my rear is smooth and rounded is because it helps the front sight be more pronounced. It really jumps out at you. Your first instinct is to shoot a bit high, but it only takes a couple of sessions to get used to it.

Next IPSC Standard gun I get built (2007, maybe) will come with fixed sights. Then I'll have Scott throw a set of his on there to spec. Granted...his bomar-cut one isn't much to look at, but just try to break it!

The reason my rear is smooth and rounded is because it helps the front sight be more pronounced. It really jumps out at you. Your first instinct is to shoot a bit high, but it only takes a couple of sessions to get used to it.

Some information should stay just between you and your wife. :blink::D:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My wife and I just pissed our pants laughing at that one!

That's got to be the funniest thing I've ever read. I didn't even pick that up!

The more I read it, the funnier it gets. Holy crap! I'll try to be more careful next time. My next post could be about accidental discharges! :lol::lol: