S2 Sear

SISIG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one in while my seat was being tuned. Worked fine, but the safety became inoperable. Also, trigger wasn't as good (obviously).

Jed, so you have the extreme hammer with one piece sear?

I tried it, didn't care for it, sold it. With the 2 piece sear I was getting double reset.

The trigger would reset at the short position like it was supposed to, and if I let the trigger out a bit more, it would have a faint reset like feel again. It didn't effect function but I didn't like it.

I was told that it was due to the firing pin block portion of the 2 piece sear. You could modify the sear to make it go away,I believe, but I didn't want to mess with it anymore as my trigger without it was good to begin with.

Edited by Prov1x

I tried it, didn't care for it, sold it. With the 2 piece sear I was getting double reset.

The trigger would reset at the short position like it was supposed to, and if I let the trigger out a bit more, it would have a faint reset like feel again. It didn't effect function but I didn't like it.

I was told that it was due to the firing pin block portion of the 2 piece sear. You could modify the sear to make it go away,I believe, but I didn't want to mess with it anymore as my trigger without it was good to begin with.

So with the one piece sear all of the issue was eliminated?

So with the one piece sear all of the issue was eliminated?

I didn't try that sear but was told that was the issue and could possibly be eliminated by the one piece sear.

I already explained this to you on FB. Stock sear and hammer or one piece sear and extreme hammer. Simple as that.

Got it Jed, just want to know others experience, that why their Unicorns hopefully they will come out of the shadow:)

I already explained this to you on FB. Stock sear and hammer or one piece sear and extreme hammer. Simple as that.

Don't the stock hammer and one piece sear work together?

I have some creep in my DA pull that I think is due to the two piece sear. (not 100% sure)

I put both the Extrem hammer and one piece sear in both my Stock 2's and believe they are worth it. I didn't test out individually installed but did it all at once. The one piece sear seemed to be smoother and the extreme hammer is supposed to be a tad heavier or so I was told and therefore strikes the firing pin with greater force and with a lightened trigger job that's always good. Again just my own opinions but since putting those in along with having to fix someone else's mistakes, I haven't had any light strikes since.

I put both the Extrem hammer and one piece sear in both my Stock 2's and believe they are worth it. I didn't test out individually installed but did it all at once. The one piece sear seemed to be smoother and the extreme hammer is supposed to be a tad heavier or so I was told and therefore strikes the firing pin with greater force and with a lightened trigger job that's always good. Again just my own opinions but since putting those in along with having to fix someone else's mistakes, I haven't had any light strikes since.

Good to know Mr. Gump.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mine dropped it, I just had to fit the safety

Does fitting the sear for the safety make it Prod illegal?

I have no idea why it would? I fit the safety to the sear since I never plan to change out the hammer, others guys on here fit the sear to the safety, to each their own.