Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 2-Gun National Championships (USCA)

I think CJW actually has it right. Per 6.3.2, a competitor is deemed to be inside of the shooting area when no part of his or her body or equipment is in contact with any element based outside of the shooting area.

Edited by USA

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "in box" was a peacemaker inflictio I believe. The fella with one foot in was not breaking any safety rule.
Another fella- Started no mag in slung on back. Upon getting close to the rifle box he brought his rifle to front, muzzle down and toward the stage far berm, inserted a mag on a closed bolt and safety on before he stepped in..... DQ. That makes no sense when all the "chest slung" did the same. It was not a safety infraction. At most it was rule broken per stage procedure perhaps.

I enjoyed the challenge and the squad I was with. It made the hot long days worth it. AJ and Tom busted tail making this best as they could and they made me, for one, happy in that regard. The RO's had some inconsistentcies. Some that down right made me angry. But, those guys and gals, were straight up tough nut troopers deserving of a big THANK YOU from us all.
Before I shoot another USCA 2 Gun event it will need revisions and changes or I wont attend.

Well 3rd place got a procedural for every shot fired without a sling so that hurt. USCA is all about shooting with a sling. You either agree with it or don't. 2nd place must've either hit the no shoot, missed/FTN the disappearing target and/or got D zone hits on the other paper targets. 1st place, although slower in raw time, must not have had any procedurals or target penalties (i.e., he must've been more accurate on the paper targets). D hits will kill you in USCA. As Dean DeTurk pointed out to me, two Deltas is worse than one Alpha and a Mike. Good video.

Edited by USA

Greg Jordan had the lowest raw time combined for all divisions. He shot Tac-Ops. His raw (stage) time was 522.88. His target time was 22.5 seconds over all ten stages and he had 0 penalty seconds for a total time of 575.38. Speed and accuracy still dominated the day. He was even faster than the Open winner by an average of about 5 seconds per stage.

That is actually what I like about the scoring. Speed is fine if you get your hits. Every D is 2 seconds. Two D hits is 4 seconds PLUS FTN penalty.

We had a monthly club match last year that had 14 paper targets 28 rounds in rifle (no makeup shots)and six pistol steel, three to each side. Fixed position, classifier stage. 60 people in TacOps. I ran a top 3-4 raw time but got 9 D hits and some C hits. Target time had me in the lower 10 percent. In 3 gun it would have been a great stage for me. Shifting gears is a challenge. Greg proved it can be done.

Edited to add:

The stage in the above video was a perfect example of why the "two feet in the box rule" was in place for the match. The last rifle position the shooters move to is right along the road for the range complex. As they are moving there they are facing toward the staging area for stage two as well as cars driving up to stage three and beyond. Perfectly safe if the rifle is carried into the box. Charge on the way........

Since stage one, three, five, six, eight and nine had that potential, the rule was in place to get the shooter into position before charging the rifle.

Edited by SonOfSpartans

Greg Jordan had the lowest raw time combined for all divisions. He shot Tac-Ops. His raw (stage) time was 522.88. His target time was 22.5 seconds over all ten stages and he had 0 penalty seconds for a total time of 575.38. Speed and accuracy still dominated the day. He was even faster than the Open winner by an average of about 5 seconds per stage.

That is actually what I like about the scoring. Speed is fine if you get your hits. Every D is 2 seconds. Two D hits is 4 seconds PLUS FTN penalty.

We had a monthly club match last year that had 14 paper targets 28 rounds in rifle (no makeup shots)and six pistol steel, three to each side. Fixed position, classifier stage. 60 people in TacOps. I ran a top 3-4 raw time but got 9 D hits and some C hits. Target time had me in the lower 10 percent. In 3 gun it would have been a great stage for me. Shifting gears is a challenge. Greg proved it can be done.

Edited to add:

The stage in the above video was a perfect example of why the "two feet in the box rule" was in place for the match. The last rifle position the shooters move to is right along the road for the range complex. As they are moving there they are facing toward the staging area for stage two as well as cars driving up to stage three and beyond. Perfectly safe if the rifle is carried into the box. Charge on the way........

Since stage one, three, five, six, eight and nine had that potential, the rule was in place to get the shooter into position before charging the rifle.

Then it was a match set up problem if they thought it was unsafe in my opinion.

Just making a rule to make a stage safe is not how to make it safe. I guess I proved that even though my rifle was unloaded,

pointing down range and technically I was in the box. With the "both feet in the box rule" it does not state that your feet had to be pointed downrange before loading. My point is you could be in the box with your feet and rifle pointing at the road while

loading and be within the rule.

Just saying

Want to talk not safe.

One stage had the shooter starting to the left in a box. After moving to the right to engage pistol targets the shooter went down range to engage long range targets from a log. Almost directly in line with the pistol shooter were the long range spotters and a bunch of people watching. Because of the angle of pistol targets the pistol was almost pointing in the direction of all the spotters and watchers.

Cole, the owner saw that and moved everyone back.

Very poor set up!

Just heard that the 11th place tac ops. shooter got a gun bag for his efforts.

Enough!