Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minor Mr. Bulletfeeder problem

Get a ladder. pull off the spring from the bullet feeder assy so you can let the bullets fall into a small box. Pour bullets in the hopper and let it run. Just watch it and then you can mess with the caliber insert and adjust it until you don't have any issue. Make sure not to over fill the collator as well. Good luck.

DougC

Get a ladder. pull off the spring from the bullet feeder assy so you can let the bullets fall into a small box. Pour bullets in the hopper and let it run. Just watch it and then you can mess with the caliber insert and adjust it until you don't have any issue. Make sure not to over fill the collator as well. Good luck.

DougC

Agreed. When I watch it turn it's pretty easy to see when/where the bullet is flipping or not flipping. I noticed mine will drop the occasional upside down bullet only when I run BBI Flat points through it. Must be the contour. But since I run 99% MG JHP's and they drop perfect I am not messing with it!

I had a similar issue which turned out to be caused by the bullet feeder moving around with the press, I made a rod that attaches about half way up the case feeder mount and attaches to the reloading bench to keep everything solid. Does it do it if you are just watching the bullet feeder do its thing and not actually loading ammo?

Edited by RussellM

The ramp adjustment is important, but I also had the situation when a batch of bullets were greesy, and they would not slide down freely in the disc's cogs. Sp they would sit high, not engaging the ramp. Once I took the disc out and cleaned its cogs, it started running fine.