Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VibraPrime 1/2 Price Now!

Mine came today too. I opened the box, looked at it and shut the box. Later I dozed off and had a dream that I took a dremel for some reason to mine right out of the box to do some "mods". First contact rendered it useless...I woke up pissed.

Edited by Breacher217

All most all regular user do mention that some plastic mold flash removing around the lip of the hole to the tube with either an Exacto knife style #11 or a very light touch with a dremel on a slower speed helps make the unit work smoother. I have only looked at mine so far, as life seems to be getting in the way again. It will need a light smoothing of the lip/edge.

But as with anything that is molded of plastic. Some clean up may be necessary to get it to work smoothly.

Yesterday I took some very fine sandpaper and wrapped it around the bullet tip of a loaded .223 round making a cone shape. I inserted it into the top and bottom of the large and small primer holes while twisting it. I then lightly sanded the pathway leading to the primer hole. After doing that the VibraPrime worked great.

Yesterday I took some very fine sandpaper and wrapped it around the bullet tip of a loaded .223 round making a cone shape. I inserted it into the top and bottom of the large and small primer holes while twisting it. I then lightly sanded the pathway leading to the primer hole. After doing that the VibraPrime worked great.

I will have to give that a try. I have been prepping a lot of .223 brass lately.

Love mine. I also had to do a little flash hole deburring. I no longer use the filler tube supplied with it. I fill directly into Dillion pick up tubes. Requires you hold the tube in place but it works better and much faster.

Add me to the list of those who have successfully used the new vibraprime. At first, a primer would get stuck in the feedhole every 20 or so primers. Massaged the hole for about 2 min with a fine white stone on a dremel. It's fed at least 1000 primers since then with no issue. I also pulled the supplied tube out of the locknut so I could stick a dillon tube in its place. The locking nut stays in to keep the tray in place. Stick/hold the dillon tube in the nut and vibrate away.

I picked one up after reading this thread. Primers kept getting hung up in the supplied tubes somewhere between the black locking nut and the tube. Took the tip off one of my hornady feed tubes and tried that, primers got stuck on the lip inside where the tip usually sits. Nearly put it away in frustration, but then put the tip back in the hornady tube and cut it flush with the end of the tube. Filled the tray with primers, held the tube in place, and presto - no more issues. I don't use the black nut because I don't find the tray moving around / falling out and it's an extra step that slows down a process I was trying to speed up. Definitely glad I picked one up.