Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone still using the 38 Spl in the 627?

Luv2rideWV

Me. But I use tkcustom moonclips with federal brass. The clip itself is .025 thick and made of stainless.

I am still practicing my reloads and starting out but have been running this setup for a couple years and

Haven't had any problems.

I've gone back to 38 special. I tried medium colt in mine but I wasn't happy with the accuracy.

I can reload the specials faster than I can change shooting positions, so for me any tradeoff in accuracy is not worth it.

Edited by PatJones

I'm aware that 38 SC and shortened cases are the hotter ticket for the 627, but is anyone still just using the 38 Special?

Yes. I only use short brass for "run and gun" were the reloads are on the clock. 38 special for everything else because it's far easier to put together accurate 38 special loads. The best short brass 627 loads I've come up with, while "good enough", aren't as accurate as I'd like.

Yup but I only use the 627 for Steel. I still prefer my worked over 625PC for anything else. Old habits, etc ......... I'm just a big hole kinda guy :goof:

I wish these forums has a "like" button for comments like Facebook does. This one deserves a like.

Yup but I only use the 627 for Steel. I still prefer my worked over 625PC for anything else. Old habits, etc ......... I'm just a big hole kinda guy :goof:

I wish these forums has a "like" button for comments like Facebook does. This one deserves a like.

They do.

Ok, I give, how does this process work, Peter?

They do.

Ok, I give, how does this process work, Peter?

May just be a Tapatalk thing. I don't access on the web.

Maybe we need a "still whining about 8 shot minor" button...

I hadn't heard any whining yet. The OP just wanted to know if there are shooters using the Special in the 627 or if everyone was running a shorter case. Do you have a constructive reply?

I hadn't heard any whining yet. The OP just wanted to know if there are shooters using the Special in the 627 or if everyone was running a shorter case. Do you have a constructive reply?

Try reading the thread. Post #7.

Try reading the thread. Post #7.

Tom - I may be overly sensitive. It is not always apparent to determine tone via the internet. To tell the truth, I do whine a little about the whole 8 round minor thing, but the bright side is that I will get me a new when I pull the trigger on the 627. Thank you for participating; I learn a lot from you guys.