Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW DAA Race Master Holster

krazykj03

Hi i was wondering what do you guys like about the race master holster and would the new magnetic version be better to get or get the older style. Im new to the sport and wanting to buy gear. Im sure there are other great holster but i think i am set on the DAA race master.

i have the old one and some freinds have the new one. if you are buying new i would get the new one. I find that the tension screw is useless and never adjust it. The click that the new one makes is reassuring when holstering. I got mine used for a good price. if i had to pay full price for one i would get a SFL 014

I had the original version and converted it to magnetic, and would not go back. Not that there is anything wrong with the tension screw version, but like someone said above, once its set you never touch it. With the magnetic, its basically set from the start!

I just converted to magnetic and it is way better. I used the original with PT grip and had some trouble but the STI magnetic block works great with PT grip.

Exactly my experience...and love the magnetic insert so much better.

i run both the manny and the daa race master (have both old and new race masters).both are excellent race holsters.

if you want to be able to run different guns then the DAA RM makes sense as inserts are reasonably priced and easy to change. if you just need one then the manny is pretty hard to beat. it's draw is a little nicer than the DAA. at least that's how I feel.

I came from a DAA holster and it was very nice but after getting the PT grip i couldnt get it to feel correct on the draw anymore.... Picked up the Manny Braggs holster, couldnt be happier with it draw and even reholster are so much better and smoother. And as posted its adjustability is limitless