Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation $50,000 Rumble on the Range 11/25 Saturday

Come on out and watch the most exciting shooting event you will ever see and try your hand at 3-gun during the side matches.

If you can't make it out I will be posting updates and videos on my Facebook page and on my Twitter feed. @JesseTischauser

www.facebook.com/jessetischauser

DDD52CEE-A516-4ACF-B8D7-441C932A1AAF_zps

And they wanted to complete the season in the same year it started.

Oh yeah that was high on all our lists!

I was awkward surprised and disappointed how little it was promoted on Las Vegas. I mean this deal was as close to this industry gets to having a Super Bowl and nobody seemed to care. It is a freaking blast to shoot and almost as fun to watch.

The 3 different stages was cool. The small poppers at 18 yards on stage one was not so cool. I think Sweeney was the only guy to run those clean. Lots of fast missing is not so good for TV. The 10" plates at 50 yards for rifle made the rifle a deciding factor but not so simply moving from 8" to 10" made it much more competitive. We only saw a few runs that people got crushed on the rifle. When they went to the 8" plate racks for the final it wasn't as good IMHO.

Stage two was the most fun to watch because of the fast pistol and rifle. Only issue was there was not much catching up on the shotgun portion because it was too easy. If you were ahead going into shotgun you stayed there.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Why so many equipment malfunctions you think? Was it particularly cold? I would have guessed everybody would have been super-anal about making sure the guns were running 100%

Maybe as the sport begins to grow the championship could move around the country so that more people could experience it. (And so Jesse doesn't get to have all the 3GN matches in his own backyard)

Why so many equipment malfunctions you think? Was it particularly cold? I would have guessed everybody would have been super-anal about making sure the guns were running 100%

Maybe as the sport begins to grow the championship could move around the country so that more people could experience it. (And so Jesse doesn't get to have all the 3GN matches in his own backyard)

Only other malfs that I remember was Randi Rogers racked one round out of her rifle.

Who knows what happened with Greg's pistol. Bad mag springs or weak extractor just shows up out of the blue. Both have happened to me in big matches.

I don't think anything will be moving. There aren't many of any ranges with USSA's size, desire to have 3GN there and tgat are located 15 minutes from airport, hotels, and restaurants. Since they have 1-3 containers of steel and stuff on site for the qualifyer and pro series it's way easier to setup rather than haul targets elsewhere. It's also centrally located. So neither East coast or West coast shooters aren't at a travel disadvantage.

With that said who knows. I'm sure there are places in Texas and Florida that could host it where the weatger is good in October.

Yes. I forgot to burn my last round and started to set my shotgun down then remembered and lifted it up and pulled the trigger. The shot landed 8.5' away which is unsafe. I should have kept my head straight. It was tied 1-1 after the second run.

Sorry to hear that, bud. I would have liked to see you against the rest of the big boys as well.