Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which MTAC mount

practical_man

Love my LaRue 104. You can rappel from a starship onto the surface of Titan with this thing and it stays zeroed. So throwing it into barrels at full speed is no big deal. Weighs about 7 oz vs. the Aero Precision at 3 oz.

On my main match rifle I have a Larue SPR-E LT139, which is considered by many to be the gold standard for mounts. It's a rock solid, but comes with a hefty price tag. Earlier this year I put together a lightweight rifle for short to mid range matches using the Aero mount and so far it's been good. I've only got about 6 matches on it since putting it together, but it's held zero and only weighs 3oz. My only complaint on the Aero mount is that it doesn't give me quite as much eye relief as I'd like to have. Of course shortly after I ordered mine they came out with a version that extended another inch that I haven't had a chance to try.

Shooter115- you must be one of the goofballs like me if you need all that eye relief. One of the reasons I like the Aero and Vortex is that they have extended ones for nose to charging handle guys like myself. Its always fun when someone shoulders my rifle with a cheekweld at the back of the stock then complains about not being able to see through my scope.

Why not the Aero Precision mount to go on said receiver? That and the Vortex non QD mount are at the top of my affordable but effective list, everything you need and nothing you dont and they have different lengths available.

I'm sure they are nice. I just don't care for vertically split rings.