Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing m&p pro .40

Garmil

I have a 5" m&p pro 40 with apex trigger, magwell, taylor freelance mag extensions.

I'm new to competition shooting been doing some steel shots, ppc, wanting to get in to 3 gun and others.

Goal is to have 1 do it all gun.

My gun should fit the bill but I'm just not liking it, not a fan of the sights and am thinking of just replacing it instead of spending a lot on new sights.

Been looking at switching to 9mm for cheaper and easier shooting tht would help in most disciplines but will limit me in others.

Price limit is 7-800 max I'd like to sell the m&p and not have to spend a lot more. Main things im looking for is high capacity, easy quick mag changes safety operation, adjustable sights a big plus.

Guns I've been looking but open to other suggestions.

Cz p-09, 85 combat, sp-01

Eaa witness elite match.

Xdm 5.25

Walther ppq m2 5"

Ppx

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Garmil

9mm barrel would also need all new mags right? And cost a few hundred.

It's not just the sights I don't like I think I'd do better with a 9 over the .40

If I do keep it What sights would you reccomend? I'd like them to be adjustable. Right now im having to to do a 12 o'clock hold which I don't like.

My experience with a 5 inch M&P 40 Pro with the stock fiber sites is that it shoots perfectly with a center hold for me. A friend of mine has one. He kept complaining it was shooting low. He handed it to me and it was 5 shots in the center ring with a center hold.

Dawson sights. Storm lake or KKM barrel to convert to 9mm. Can also just find someone's cast off factory 9mm barrel to start with and save some cash. Ability to shoot Limited-Major and 9mm for 3Gun. Get a narrower and taller front sight' something around .100 wide and .200-.230 tall. Pair that with the Dawson adjustable rear if you require adjustable. I would suggest fixed rear with narrower notch still from Dawson.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

With the stock fiber optic front are there any good options for a rear sight without changing the front? I do like factory front.

Edited by Garmil