Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine "Issue", 9mm 1911

cohland

Post them in the Classified, they'll sell in minutes. I have the same issue with my Dawson 9mm mags, so I unload them by cycling them thru the gun when I get home. No problem, just pay attention to what your doing.

Post them in the Classified, they'll sell in minutes. I have the same issue with my Dawson 9mm mags, so I unload them by cycling them thru the gun when I get home. No problem, just pay attention to what your doing.

I would really like to get the Tripps working, but it's not much of a priority right now since the Dawson magazines are working just fine in matches.

If anybody reading this has had this problem with Tripps and resolved it, I would be grateful for some tips on what needs to be done to the magazines. To reiterate, the Tripp magazines don't drop freely from the gun, they have to be pulled out.

Edited by cohland

• 1 month later...

I am here to solve all your unloading 9mm mag problems. If you own a 9mm 1911 this product is indespensible. Go to CZ Custom, buy their 9mm 1911 magazine stripper/unloader...it really works! (best money I ever spent on a gun product!) You can thank me later. ;)

Put a caliper on them compared to a mag that drops. I had to tune some of my wilson ETMs to drop free in my trojan. Just took a bit of testing and tuning in the vise (with no mar inserts) to resize them a few thousandth.

I am here to solve all your unloading 9mm mag problems. If you own a 9mm 1911 this product is indespensible. Go to CZ Custom, buy their 9mm 1911 magazine stripper/unloader...it really works! (best money I ever spent on a gun product!) You can thank me later. ;)

Trying to unload the first round on a fully loaded Dawson 9mm mag is nearly impossible. I use an Uplula mag loaded and insert it below the top round and push down to relieve pressure on the 9th round in the mag. Then the top round comes right out and the other 9 are easy to unload. And the Uplula works great for loading mags too instead of buying a tool that only unloads them.

Dawson and Tripp mags both work great in my Trojan. I would give an edge to the Dawson though. Slightly easier to seat fully loaded, not that the Tripps are hard, and the top round in the Tripp mags has a tendency to point down if you're not careful when loading. I only have one Wilson mag and it's nearly impossible to seat fully loaded; still difficult to do even after cutting off one coil.

Trying to unload the first round on a fully loaded Dawson 9mm mag is nearly impossible. I use an Uplula mag loaded and insert it below the top round and push down to relieve pressure on the 9th round in the mag. Then the top round comes right out and the other 9 are easy to unload. And the Uplula works great for loading mags too instead of buying a tool that only unloads them.

Dawson and Tripp mags both work great in my Trojan. I would give an edge to the Dawson though. Slightly easier to seat fully loaded, not that the Tripps are hard, and the top round in the Tripp mags has a tendency to point down if you're not careful when loading. I only have one Wilson mag and it's nearly impossible to seat fully loaded; still difficult to do even after cutting off one coil.

The Uplula loader also has a stripper molded on the back of it. I use the stripper to unload my 9mm 1911 mags.

Edited by Pepelepew

The Uplula loader also has a stripper molded on the back of it. I use the stripper to unload my 9mm 1911 mags.

You made me feel rather foolish for a minute there for never noticing the stripper, but then I went and looked at my Uplula and it doesn't have it :). Mine's pretty old; I guess that's a newer upgrade.

Stripping the first rounds out of a Metalform/Dawson mags is very difficult.

That's why Angus and I designed this small piece : http://czcustom.com/9mmammostripper.aspx

Hey, it really is worth the money (it's not expensive) and will last longer than your gun or mags! It has the CZC logo on it, too...so it's official! :D

just ordered a new Tripp Cobra mag last month. haven't fired any rounds through it yet (pistol is in build stage). the mag has been loaded with seven rounds in it for 3-4 weeks. I went down stairs and loaded three more rounds in it and it was nothing to unload the mag.

FYI

Edited by Canine582

Tripp magazines... enough said...

That's what I was thinking, so I bought seven brand new Tripp Cobra 10-round 9mm magazines from Dawson. They won't drop free from the gun, have to be pulled out. I wrote to Tripp about the problem over a month ago and have not received a reply.

So, I'm back to using the Dawson magazines. Anybody interested in seven like-new Tripp Cobras?

Chris

If they are free they are for me lol

I chronoed some rounds yesterday using the dawson and chip mccormic mags. All 6 dawsons worked flawlessly. The CMC ran fine but would not drop free of one of the 1911s. Seems a trigger bow is protruding slightly on 1 gun. But the Dawsons dropped out of it freely. Time to tear apart and fix the bow.