Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iOS 8

pcarst

I was going to ask if anyone has seen any issues with Apple's new iOS 8 but just heard that Apple has pulled it. Oh well, it will hit us rather we want it or not so just looking to see if anyone finds problems or good things that we need to be aware of as far as PractiScore is concerned.

PractiScore *does* work under it, but I'm seeing issues with syncing, mostly in device discovery. It's very slow to discover other iOS devices, and often doesn't see the Android devices al all (it uses two different techniques to locate devices). Sometimes devices don't appear at all, and other times the full list will populate. If you enter the sync code, it will usually find it and sync. So something's definitely a little squirrely.

As far as scoring a match and such, I haven't seen anything that's a show stopper. All the screens appear to work correctly, the keyboard appears and dismisses when it should (some apps appear to never dismiss the keyboard).

Short form: If you haven't updated, don't. If you have, you're not totally screwed, just inconvenienced.

Edited by jcwren

I was going to ask if anyone has seen any issues with Apple's new iOS 8 but just heard that Apple has pulled it. Oh well, it will hit us rather we want it or not so just looking to see if anyone finds problems or good things that we need to be aware of as far as PractiScore is concerned.

iOS 8.01, not iOS 8. 8.01 was a bug fix that breaks cellular on the 6 and 6+

Edited by wgnoyes

I've seen the same sync'ing issues as JC pointed out. Entering the sync code usually works though. I have been testing the On-The-Go Cloud wireless hot spot from Monster digital and so for that device seems to be working pretty well. I haven't done any testing to see what kind of rage I get out of it but I figure for syncing at those bays where WiFi won't reach it may be a good solution.

Updated to ios8. I'm experiencing the same sync issue everyone's talking about here. I have found that the sync code works but is spotty as in works sometimes but not always.

I use iOS 8 as the master and nooks as scoring units. I've found that if you are at the sync screen (where all of the devices are showing or in this case not showing, in peticular on the iOS side) on iOS and Nook that if you move/toggle back one screen on the Nook devices they will then show up on the iOS device. Every time.

The iOS used to be the device that would always see all of the other devices in network every time with the Nooks needing some extra attention. Now both need some help. Sigh... Two steps forward one step back.

• 2 weeks later...

Opened up a problem item on practiscore.com/bugs for this. ios8 broke a lot of things, apparently. It's a priority project for them.

Is the URL still https://practiscore.com/bugs/ or did it change? When I try that URL I get an application error.

ETA: I know your message shows practicsore.com/bugs but I just want to confirm :)

Edited by ZackJones