Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope lever choices

If I where not a limited guy I would use the zip tie MGM units for sure, that way when they do break they don't mess up your scope. Break-away YO! I would much rather break the throw lever off than jack up my spensive rifle crutch.

The switchviews are pretty stout. Sounds like a good story would you like to tell if the scope kept zero and how it broke?

Well, since you asked... I was on my way to a top 10 finish so the pressure was ON! On the last stage of the match, I was sitting on the back of a car, on the start signal I jumped off the car and ran to the passanger side to engage long range targets from the roof... I quickly hit them and backed up slightly to rapidly engage 2 targets located on the drivers side of the car through the passanger side windows... put 2 on the first one and transitioned to the second one. The rifle was jammed (double feed) and because of my lack experience, this is my 1st year shooting 3 gun, I racked the bolt before dropping the mag adding another round the the mess... I dropped the mag quickly racked the bolt again. I saw a round drop out so I jammed in another mag and racked the bolt... adding another round back into the already jammed up rifle... So, I dropped the mag again, held the bolt back and POUNDED buttstock on the deck lid of the car trying to clear the 3 rounds from the chamber. It didn't work so I reached for my knife and quickly remembered we flew to this match and I didn't bring it... In a very breif moment of clarity I thought, "damn it man, this is 3 gun... you have a pistol on your side" Unfortunately, the moment of clarity was so breif that instead of dropping the jammed up POS rifle in a dump barrel that was about 6 feet away, I put the rifle on safe and THREW it onto the decklid of the car so I could engage the target through the window with my pistol! Just as my pistol cleared the holster the clarity returned as the RO yelled STOP! When I picked up the rifle I saw that the switch view didn't survive being "gently tossed" ;) onto the decklid. :wacko: The rifle did hold zero and the power adjustment still works just fine. I was shooting with Richard and Scott from Trijicon and they said if you are going to treat your optic like that you need a VCOG, we smash blocks with them. :eatdrink:

I used one Switchview and one of the screws ripped right through the ring while tightening, I'm not a fan...now I'm looking for one for a Trijicon Accupoint and I'm having trouble finding one that fits this soft rubber ring that decreases in circumference... Would be so much easier if equal circumference throughout the entire magnification adjustment ring.

Anyone have a Trijicon? What are you using?

Thanks