Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting recipe for Ramshot Competition w/ 200gr .40 bullets

kcobean

I got my hands on 8 lbs of Ramshot comp and need to work up a Major PF load for .40 using 200 grain bullets. I'm using 3.9 grains of N320 currently (which I love) and based on which burn-rate chart you look at, Competition is similar. Does it sound safe to start at 3.6 grains and go up based on chrono results?

I got my hands on 8 lbs of Ramshot comp and need to work up a Major PF load for .40 using 200 grain bullets. I'm using 3.9 grains of N320 currently (which I love) and based on which burn-rate chart you look at, Competition is similar. Does it sound safe to start at 3.6 grains and go up based on chrono results?

I used it all the time for .40 w/200. No problem starting at 3.9. I believe I ended up at 4.2, but all barrels are different.

I used it all the time for .40 w/200. No problem starting at 3.9. I believe I ended up at 4.2, but all barrels are different.

Awesome. Thanks. What kind of bullets were you using out of curiosity?

Awesome. Thanks. What kind of bullets were you using out of curiosity?

I used jacketed and coated. Coated used a little less powder. Several new coated bullets are marketed now and they all work.

For a Moly coated Bear creek, 200gr I use 4.2gr of Ramshot Comp seated to 1.185" in my 3 5" Edge type guns. For plated I use 200gr Xtreme RNFP and 4.4gr of Ramshot Comp seated to 1.185". Both average 172PF in all of the guns. These loads feel so much softer than my old 180gr recipes.

Hope that helps,

Cheers623

DVC

For a Moly coated Bear creek, 200gr I use 4.2gr of Ramshot Comp seated to 1.185" in my 3 5" Edge type guns. For plated I use 200gr Xtreme RNFP and 4.4gr of Ramshot Comp seated to 1.185". Both average 172PF in all of the guns. These loads feel so much softer than my old 180gr recipes.

Hope that helps,

Cheers623

DVC

What kind of barrel do you have in them?

Hope that helps,

Cheers623

DVC

In two of my guns (stock STI Tacticals) I have the factory stainless barrels that they put in their "Edge" type pistols. In my JPL Custom gun I have a KKM barrel. Of the 3, the KKM is the slowest by 20-30 fps average but slightly more accurate. Hope that helps.

Cheers623

DVC

Hope that helps,

Cheers623

DVC

In two of my guns (stock STI Tacticals) I have the factory stainless barrels that they put in their "Edge" type pistols. In my JPL Custom gun I have a KKM barrel. Of the 3, the KKM is the slowest by 20-30 fps average but slightly more accurate. Hope that helps.

Cheers623

DVC

It does, thanks. I thought kkm were faster than the sti and shuemann barrels but I stand corrected.