Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable gas block

v1911

After shooting a match last weekend, my throat felt odd from the Russian ammo exhaust that was expelled out the charging handle and up my nose.

Would an adjustable gas block help remedy this? I was already looking at buying an SLR prior to the match, so this would only add to the justification in my mind for spending $100+ on a gas block.

Was also looking at the gas busting charging handles to help. Didn't feel like dropping the cash required for a PRI. I saw that Strike Industries offers a non-ambi charging handle that supposedly has gas busting properties. Other than the PRI, are there some recommendations? Being an ambi is not required. Thanks.

Sure, grease up your upper, and degrease the U cut out in your charging handle. Next run a bead of black RTV silicon around the back of the U cut out. Put a foam ear plug in the upper where the end of the charging handle hits....off to the side ofwhere it goes around the gas tube...then gently close the charging handle into the upper until it just bearly latches. Let dry trim off the extra RTV and no more gas nose. Cheap, easy, and effective.

Running a CF handguard, the side adjustment may not be accessible. Also, I'd prefer the clamp style to set screw. I appreciate the suggestion though.

As for the advice on improving upon my current charging handle, I'll see if it's needed after installing the new gas block.

Go with the clamp on SLR gas block in that case....

Mick

Running a CF handguard, the side adjustment may not be accessible. Also, I'd prefer the clamp style to set screw. I appreciate the suggestion though.

As for the advice on improving upon my current charging handle, I'll see if it's needed after installing the new gas block.

Go with the clamp on SLR gas block in that case....

Mick

I concur, given those constraints.

Sure, grease up your upper, and degrease the U cut out in your charging handle. Next run a bead of black RTV silicon around the back of the U cut out. Put a foam ear plug in the upper where the end of the charging handle hits....off to the side ofwhere it goes around the gas tube...then gently close the charging handle into the upper until it just bearly latches. Let dry trim off the extra RTV and no more gas nose. Cheap, easy, and effective.

This^^^ Works Perfectly! "We" learned this, way before you could "buy" the fix.