Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's in your pockets?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know as boys we were always told to carry our wallets in the right rear pocket and it appears most of us are pretty well trained.

I started carrying my wallet in the left rear and a nice spyerco in the right rear many years ago.

I started thinking about being robbed (before the advent of CCW in Ohio) and I thought if I ever have to give a guy my wallet...I'm doing it with my left hand.

If I happen to be clumsy enough to "oops" drop the wallet at the time I hand it over I have my strong hand with a nice blade for my attacker...just something to think about.

I was told never to give your strong hand to an attacker :ph34r: and if you notice - a smart cop never shakes your hand. ;) (ignore the oxymoron if you can :lol: )

I carry my wallet on the left rear pocket since my ass can i say that here? on the right hurts due to me carrying my HK usp 45 on the rear of my back inside the pants on the right cheek.

Now that our permits has been revoked, the pain is not present anymore but i got used to carrying the wallet on the rear left hand pocket.

guy-purse stays in the car.

What do you do with your mangina? :P

Mangina? :huh:

<_< Well Mr. Ape, that's at all times carried concealed inside-the-pants, between the left and right front pockets... :)

Why did they revoke the permits?

The reason provided was that prior to and during the elections, they somehow expected people to more likely to shoot each other.

Unfortunately, the elections have long since passed and the licenses are still invalid. Clearly they used it as an excuse to continue disarming people via executive order, thus bypassing any genuine legislation.

There's a lot of information about it on GlockTalk in the Band of Glockers clubhouse.

Rhino

The idea of a pistol you carry is to allow you to get away...not have a protracted shootout....I don;t need 32 rounds of ammo to make to to the truck and my shotgun or rifle...and I do not plan on insulting 28 members of the Bandido's biker gang with 9 rounds on my person...

Not as brave as some of you I guess...as you get older, you get less brave I guess.. :lol:

The idea of  a pistol you carry is to allow you to get away...not have a protracted shootout....I don;t need 32 rounds of ammo to make to to the truck and my shotgun or rifle...and I do not plan on insulting 28 members of the Bandido's biker gang with 9 rounds on my person...

You're making too many assumptions, Sunny!

It takes me a a lot longer to get away than it does you!

I do not intend to die while I am in the process of getting away just because I ran dry and didn't have a reload. ;)

Also ... a correction on my belt. I just heard from TheBeltMan, and the steel inside of my belt is not spring steel as I originally posted. It's just a piece of packing strap.

Given that, it's still the most awesome belt I've ever owned (or seen). I put a lot of stress on a belt, and this thing is doing its job. Lesser belts allow my mag and light carriers to "flop" outward, but this baby won't twist in that direction and it keeps them upright and alongside my body where they are supposed to be.

Now, most people don't need a belt of this magnitude (either in length or extreme construction), but I do think TheBeltMan.net makes damn good belts!