Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS in 40 S&W for Limited v. STI Edge

Bart Solo

KOBT, I looked at the Manny Bragg Magnetic but it didn't show a listing for a TS, only a Shadow. Which model did you order?

Neomet, the issues were with the follower sticking in the extended basepad and getting stuck, and with capacity. Stuck followers needed a screwdriver inserted to twist the follower so it would pop out. Two of the mags would only hold 19. Even after I deburred and polished all the places CZC told me to I could not get all but one to work.

CZC replaced spring and followers by mixing and matching and still had to trim one follower to get it to work. That follower worked for about 8 weeks. Now it is not properly captured by the feed lips when empty and tilts up one one side so the mag will not drop free. I replaced it with a CZC +1 follower and spring and the problem disappeared. The mag now reloads 21. The only difference is it is now harder to manually insert the first round.

I had to trim the TF polymer basepads so the magazine would insert properly without interference from the magwell (I don't know if these are still available). The aluminum CZ Custom basepads fit fine without modification. I do not use shock buffers; there isn't room for one in the IPSC Standard slide. I believe one of the changes between the IPSC Std and Tactical Sports is the slide was modified to allow a shock buff. At least some of the TS's come with one installed. In the failure to feed, the slide fails to strip a round from the magazine. The slide jams partially open with a round caught in the magazine. It doesn't even start to enter the chamber. Many times (but not always) the round is nosedived and jammed against the front of the mag. As I said in the earlier post I have tried combinations of followers and springs from CZ (the originals) Grams, and CZC. It happens with and without the extended basepads installed.

I have bought New 3 yes three Sti edge pistols,I did my own tuning on the mags,,which was get new springs and followers and base pads..I still own two .I don't remember ever having a problem with any of them.I sold one before I ever shot it..It's what I shoot now.. ( some say not very well ))

I even still have the recoil masters in both of them.

I love my TS so much I have never even fired an S_I I bought, its been two years now and its still sits in the safe unfired.

Meanwhile my TS has close to 8k through it and not one single FTF etc.

About all you need to do out of the box is get a lighter recoil spring and MAYBE think about some slide lightening if you are really hard core.

I shoot 180 cast lead GAT bullets all day long at 168 PF and its like blasting away with a toy.

All that steel in the frame is a dream but the slide is a tad heavy to me (thus, the lightening).

post-49591-0-69654500-1412446225_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

I am in the same dilemma right now. Have shot and accu shadow 9mm and it was nice, also shot a sti eagle 40 all done up. It was nice too. Just can't say which was better.