Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TiteGroup Chronograph Runs (135g and 147g Bullets)

ZackJones

Made a few chronograph runs yesterday so I thought I'd share the results:

TG 3.1g with Bayou 147 @ 1.135 (10 round string)

AVG Velocity - 916

Avg Power Factor - 134

Std Dev - 8.1

ES - 28

TG 3.4g with Bayou 135 @ 1.135 (10 round string)

AVG Velocity - 987

Avg Power Factor - 133

Std Dev - 8

ES - 26

I didn't shoot any groups with the loads but used both in practice and was hitting A's on various distance targets so that's accurate enough for my needs. I do think I like the 147g better then the 135 so I'll just plan on shooting 147's for a while.

Thanks to dave33 for the 135 load and Sandbagger123 for selling me 200 135's to test with.

AVG Velocity - 916

Avg Power Factor - 134

Std Dev - 8.1

ES - 28

AVG Velocity - 987

Avg Power Factor - 133

Std Dev - 8

ES - 26

I didn't shoot any groups with the loads but used both in practice and was hitting A's on various distance targets so that's accurate enough for my needs. I do think I like the 147g better then the 135 so I'll just plan on shooting 147's for a while.

Thanks to dave33 for the 135 load and Sandbagger123 for selling me 200 135's to test with.

You are welcome. Your results and mine are almost identical. Just curious, what about the 147's do you like better than the 135's? I cant tell much difference in accuracy between the two and the feel is really close as well, Im happy shooting either.

well at least you did not buy a whole case like i did to find this out. :angry2: LOL. i have found that 147's were more accurate overall than the 135's in all the 9mm i have with many load combos. I am just gonna load up the rest i have a for practice and stay with 147's for matches.

Edited by Sandbagger123

AVG Velocity - 916

Avg Power Factor - 134

Std Dev - 8.1

ES - 28

AVG Velocity - 987

Avg Power Factor - 133

Std Dev - 8

ES - 26

You are welcome. Your results and mine are almost identical. Just curious, what about the 147's do you like better than the 135's? I cant tell much difference in accuracy between the two and the feel is really close as well, Im happy shooting either.

I think my preference is for a push recoil impulse over a snappy one. Given the velocity was pretty close either one would work.

Thank you for these results! I have been reading what powder to use behind my 147's I picked up a while back. I hope to fit in the time to load some of these up before the next match.

Here's some of my misc load data for 135 and 147grs.. (9mm Minor)

U0dqAMZ.png

Next time I go to the range to do chronograph runs I'm going to bring my glock 19 and see how the loads compare between it and my M&P's.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your load data. Now if everyone would share powder we'd all be happier :).