Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing the xtreme hammer on a Stock II

Uwe

Hi all,

I would like to install an xtreme hammer, xtreme firing pin and xtreme recoil guide rod on my large frame Stock II.

But Eric Graufel's and tanfoglio website have got me a bit confused whether I need additional parts like

interruptor, hammer strut, pins and a new sear and maybe other springs as well.

Has anyone installed these parts before and would like to share what additional parts I would need?

Thanks,

uwe

And did you need any other part beside the hammer?

The Xtreme hammer is not necessarily needed to get a nice trigger pull. It may improve function ever so slightly but unless you're confident to file and adjust parts on your own, it's worth skipping.

I have a stock II without the xtreme hammer it's trigger is very nice after polishing, sanding, smoothing, installing lighter springs etc....I also have a Stock III 9mm on the way so we'll see how well I get it to turn out without the xtreme hammer.

I put the Eric hammer on both my Stock II's and I think it's better than delta hammer. You will want to run the one piece sear which with Eric hammer will require some fitting. Take it SLOW with polishing or fitting as I was over zealous my first time and ruined a sear. But in my mind it's worth it.

You don't need anything besides the hammer...use the strut, interruptor and pins from the hammer you have in there now.

Is te hammer good enough upgrade?

If you want to save your nervs buy the new strut, interruptor and both pins becouse the old pins will not come out so easy... also buy one piece sear, the long one and reduced power recoil spring...

Edited by aleks10

I also recommend the one piece sear....the parts on my gun were relatively new so I didn't see the need to replace them.

The 1 piece sear with the xtreme hammer produces a much shorter reset IMO. Also improves the trigger pull.

I also recommend the one piece sear....the parts on my gun were relatively new so I didn't see the need to replace them.

The 1 piece sear with the xtreme hammer produces a much shorter reset IMO. Also improves the trigger pull.[/

Who sells one pice sear? Xtreme hammer?stoeger?

The 1 piece sear with the xtreme hammer produces a much shorter reset IMO. Also improves the trigger pull.[/

Who sells one pice sear? Xtreme hammer?stoeger?

I got mine from Eric Grauffel's shop

The 1 piece sear with the xtreme hammer produces a much shorter reset IMO. Also improves the trigger pull.

This! You can really feel the difference.

So if the hammer is not a drop in part, whose gonna post a detailed guide on installation....:-)

There are numerous threads on installation of this hammer. I am on my phone but you can find plenty of tips from other posters. I think the main thing (or in my case) was when putting the one piece sear in with the extreme hammer, you have to remove material from the sear leg that allows the safety to activate as the length of the hammer pushes the sear a little further forward causing the safety not to activate unless you work on that one leg. GO SLOW!!!! Very easy to remove too much and then you'll be ordering another sear

I just installed it on my Limited Pro. I used the strut and interruptor from the stock part. I had no difficulty with the pins and can echo the warning about maintaining the proper orientation of the strut. I'm a complete rookie on the Tanfo and struggled with some operations but finally got it with a lot of patience.

I replaced the FP, FPS, main spring and guide rod as well. I also cleaned up all the parts by following a member's guide here. It was a very pleasant project and the results are excellent so far.

My only issue is with the functioning of the safety. The sear blocks the operation at full cock and hammer down. It does actuate at half cock. A friend is going to help me refit the safety tomorrow.

I'm super pleased with the whole effort and recommend it. It has changed the trigger pull and reset in a major positive way. Once the safety issue is resolved it will more than satisfy expectations.

Edited by hercster

You only want to slowly remove material from the sear leg that is associated with safety. My suggestion is to just start with dremel and remove a little, put back in and check if it's enough to work safety, if not then repeat until successful. I destroyed a sear my first go around, lol

I installed the extreme hammer and trigger and did not change the sear or any new pins. What I did have to do is refit the safety I used a file and did a little at a time and until the safety would engage. I was in contact with my gunsmith who is a good friend and he walked me thru it. All I can say is wow what a huge difference in the trigger no stacking anymore I also installed Eric's extreme firing pin and reduced power spring and Jennings guide rod oh and I used a ball point spring cut down for the plunger

Fit the sear not the safety

Thanks guys. My resident expert said the same and will help me do it later today. My first inclination was to shave the safety but he stopped that idea. Can this resident team of spurts explain why?

I left the plunger spring as is but plan to buy a reduced power set. I was surprised at how powerful that spring is. Henning sells the kit of three.

I couldn't find those plunger springs on Henning's site. Could you share a link?

I left the plunger spring as is but plan to buy a reduced power set. I was surprised at how powerful that spring is. Henning sells the kit of three.

I couldn't find those plunger springs on Henning's site. Could you share a link?

Henning's site is not the easiest to navigate. I muddle with it all the time and have to zig zag. Here you go!!

http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-trigger-plunger-springs-h037