Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro custom 18.9's.. How are they running? Mag set up's?

chanman

Griz44 that is fantastic! Are you going to add basepads to your STI mags? I'm at that point now and trying to decide between TTI and Dawson. I've used Dawson before on para factory mags but am itching to try TTI

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Followup on the mag tuning,

All the mags are tuned. They load up, shoot, and fall clear with a touch of the release button.

I ran 240 rounds through them yesterday and am now very comfortable with the setup.

The mags and gun ran 100% reliable. Accuracy is very good as well.

I am loading Black and Blue 115gr and 147gr coated with AA#5 powder.

I have a feeling this pistol is going to keep the LNL pretty busy this summer.

That's great. Did you ever try the std steel MSH in yours to see if it can replace the stock plastic?

I did, and the answer is no, not a good fit. Dawson has a listing for the PARA replacement mainspring housing, so I will order one next week. There is just something about plastic parts that makes me want to throw up dinner. I know they all use them now, but that still does not make it right.

This pistol is rapidly working its way to becoming my favorite pistol. I have had a lot of fun building/re-building this into an excellent pistol. It is a great foundation to build from, and heck of a lot of fun shooting it. It is just sinful that PARA started something like this and did not carry it to its full potential. They had the hype, the right idea and the right timing, just ran it to the seedy side and did not follow through with the right execution.

I did, and the answer is no, not a good fit. Dawson has a listing for the PARA replacement mainspring housing, so I will order one next week. There is just something about plastic parts that makes me want to throw up dinner. I know they all use them now, but that still does not make it right.

This pistol is rapidly working its way to becoming my favorite pistol. I have had a lot of fun building/re-building this into an excellent pistol. It is a great foundation to build from, and heck of a lot of fun shooting it. It is just sinful that PARA started something like this and did not carry it to its full potential. They had the hype, the right idea and the right timing, just ran it to the seedy side and did not follow through with the right execution.

Thanks. I really don't have any functional issues left on it (except for just having 2 mags) but that plastic things bugs me every time I pick it up. Sweet shooter and I'm getting 22 reliably in the factory mags now with Arredondo +4 bases, springs, adapters, and factory followers. Please update when you try the Dawson MSH.

Edited by rtl

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't sell the factory mags.

You can buy these base pads

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1371120.htm

Use grams springs and followers and you should get 22 rounds.

Old made made in Canada mags with Dawson pads also work for me but you need to use the aArredondo inserts and a different follower.

I've been using the first option without issue for quite some time.

i'd keep the factory mags too. Just hang on to them. If you can find someone who has a 140mm 9mm STI mag at a 3gun match and test fit it. Some PC 18.9 wont take the STI mags. Mine will and I'm running them no problem. My buddies will not. Its way too tight. If yours will take them then that's the way to go. Hang onto those factory and use the STI's in matches.

• 4 weeks later...

So from what I am reading some STI mags will work and others won't. Is it just a roll of the dice as to what mags work or don't work?

They don't work in my 19.9 Pro Custom. A couple of the guys I shoot with have been able to use them. See if you can find someone to let you try one out. If you don't have any luck finding one to test PM me, I have one that I don't need.

Check this thread for alternatives.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=213219#entry2393337

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a guy on Gunbroker selling P18.9 mags. Vintage ones with the Para extended basepad. He only lists the auction for 1, but I emailed him and he said he had about 20. Shipping was $7, but if you bought multiple (5,6 or more) he would do free shipping.

Just FYI. No idea.... but for those looking.

I'm running STI mags in mine, I seen MBX also is showing listings for 140 and 170 for para

MBX website still says coming soon for Para mags. Where did you see the listing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...