Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Custom Competition Rear Sight?

Gurkha

Has anyone tried the CZ Custom Competition rear sight out? It looks nice, I like how far back it goes.

I still need to get a new front sight as well, I want to go Dawson and thinner then what I have, maybe a 95 or 90 width.

Does anyone have any idea what height I would need for a front sight to match up with this CZ Custom rear sight shooting 147gr? I know Dawson measures their heights differently.

Thanks!

Okay, I heard the stock Shadow front sight is the same height as the Dawson .150T, is that true?

I was thinking of going .165T or .170T with the stock rear since I am shooting 147gr and they are hitting high with the stock setup.

The problem is now I want the CZ Custom Competition rear so that could change everything.

160gr is going to impact a fair bit different then the 147gr.

Is the CZ Custom Competition rear sight taller, shorter or the same as the stock shadow rear sight?

Edited by Gurkha

You know you need to have your slide milled for that sight to fit right?

If you click on the link you can see it says "This Sight fit in the rear sight notch the CZ 75 & CZ 75 SP01 Shadow ONLY"

Also it shows images of the standard SP-01 slide, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

There is a CZ Comp rear sight for the 75 and another for the Shadow dovetails.

both have .125 notch and are set up for the 6.5mm tall front sight.

Are you using the 6.5mm with that sight? If so, what bullet weight are you using?

On their website they say "Of the guns we have tested they seem to shoot point of aim with the original 5.5mm front sight. May need a 6.0mm front"

147gr hits high with the stock sights for my Shadow so I am trying to figure out if the height of the CZ Comp rear is taller, shorter or the same as the stock rear so I can figure out what size front to get with it.

Just put the HAJO on and your good to go :)

Seriously though. Mine was shooting pretty high with 147s also, Stuart was willing to work through my issues trying to figure out the sights but I just decided to put the HAJO on with a 6.5mm front. Easy parts to change but not cheap!!

Just put the HAJO on and your good to go :)

Seriously though. Mine was shooting pretty high with 147s also, Stuart was willing to work through my issues trying to figure out the sights but I just decided to put the HAJO on with a 6.5mm front. Easy parts to change but not cheap!!

Ok, nice, good to know that it is all good now.

Are you using the 6.5mm with that sight? If so, what bullet weight are you using?

On their website they say "Of the guns we have tested they seem to shoot point of aim with the original 5.5mm front sight. May need a 6.0mm front"

Thanks for the heads up.

correction made.

• 2 months later...
147gr hits high with the stock sights for my Shadow so I am trying to figure out if the height of the CZ Comp rear is taller, shorter or the same as the stock rear so I can figure out what size front to get with it.

What height ended up working for you with 147gr? 6.5?

What height ended up working for you with 147gr? 6.5?

I would also like to know. My HAJO rear on my accushadow just broke over the weekend and am looking into replacing it with a fixed rear. I also shoot 147s and out of the box, the gun shot 2-3" high before I adjusted the rear sight. Edited by MRevolutionIX

• 1 month later...

My CZC Shadow Custom 2014 came with a 6.0mm front sight. I have since changed it to a .195 Dawson, which is equivalent to a 6.5mm.

Edited by ES13Raven