Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worlds' Finest Trimmer vs. Giraud Tri Way Trimmer

bigarm

Anyone have experience with these? I was strongly considering the WFT. My wife even bought me a cordless drill to use with it. I then saw the new Giraud Tri Way Trimmer posted on a forum. They seem to be very similar. The Giraud is about $20 more but it says it chamfers also and comes with a plastic chip guard. (people seem to make their own from a pop bottle or something for the WFT).. The Giraud says "Solid aluminum housing to support the trimming process in any orientation, horizontal, vertical or any position in between." but when I read the instruction manual it said it should be used either pointed down or somewhat down. Seems that would make it a little harder to trim if you had to hold the drill pointed down rather than resting on the battery. Anyway, let me know what you know or think.

The WFT has lots of fans but it wasn't for me. I couldn't get consistent lengths and when I had to cut a lot of material it would snag and cut unevenly. Some calibers were better than others for me but it does throw shavings. I ended up selling them and going back to the RCBS Trim Pro. No experience with the Giraud.

IMG_1750.jpg

I have mine in a floor drill press, holding the battery drill gets old fast. If you have any issues with your hands or wrists. I have used it for about 1,200 cases. I prefer using it to my Franklin trimmer for the trimming I like the Franklin for all the other steps. I am new to reloading and some may say I don't know any better, but like mine.

IMG_1749.jpg

My hand cramps up faster when I do use the Franklin for trimming although it does a good job after setting up.

I am doing 5.56/.223 have no knowledge of the Giraud.

Just trimmed 200 .223 cases with the WFT. All good at 1.75. Within +- .003. Works well with 30-06. I like the drill press idea. My hand does cramp on the hand drill. Next time. Thanks glenr.

I put a hose clamp on a drill to keep the trigger depressed, and then put the drill in a bench vise. I wear mechanics gloves to provide grip and protection against friction burns and blisters. Then use the WFT like a pencil sharpener.

I just bought a full Giraud, wish I would have known about the Tri-way before then.

The Worlds Finest Trimmer is a Guraud, I can trim chamfer a case every 5 seconds, now that Doug has come out with one for use on drills/drill presses the others will either follow suit and put 3 way blades in or go out of business.