Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Roller Handle vs Inline Fabrication Ergo Roller Handle

I've never tried the Dillon roller so I didn't vote, but I really like the inline fabricators handle. The offset trades vertical movement for horizontal movement. I set the height of my bench so that the bottom of the stroke is just before my elbow is straight and the forward priming stroke is at low chest level; very comfortable :)

I have always used the Dillon Roller on my 1050's. About a yr ago I put an Inline on one of them. I stand while loading due to 3 bulged discs in my lower back. Sitting is my enemy.

I thought that reaching further forward would be better than pulling further down. There is no free lunch. You have to go through the range of motion one way or another.

Since I recently had everything done to my Rt shoulder with surgery, the reach forward is fine.

Is the Inline better? Hard to say, it's just different. If you have shoulder issues, I would not get it, unless stretching forward is good for you.

I did not vote, the choices did not apply.

I do plan on buying an Inline for my 550. Just don't know which one (short or long). And I've had the Dillon roller over 20 years.

I like the Inline fabrication products a lot, with the single exception of the roller handle on the square deal . I tried it a couple different times and ended up going back to the round ball. Just didn't fit my hands right for primer seating. This is more of a personal fit issue than a negative comment about the quality of the product.

Everything I have bought from Inline Fabrication is first rate. I have their Ergo handle for my RCBS single stage press and really like it. I will eventually replace the handle on my 550B with the Inline Fabrication ergo handle.