Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are eager, get your local dealer to call Amchar Wholesale

Davidsons

Ellett Brothers

Jerrys Sport Center

Lipseys

Midwest Gun Exchange

Sports South

Williams Shooters Supply

These guys are all getting guns from this order and can always add based on demand. If your favourite distributor isn't listed, bug them anyway as there is always room for more. The buyers are just getting there feet wet with this line so added feedback from the retailers is a good thing.

Davidsons and Amchar are out of stock. The rest still have some.

Kingman: do you know whether any of these wholesalers still have Excaliburs? I have my LGS checking, but for now no success. Thx, JR

You only have the X-Trim available, which is still a great gun, from what I can only imagine. The K100 is a fun gun for running and IDPA matches. In X-Trim, it has to be a really fun gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=grand+power

If they managed to sell all the X-Caliburs in the US in less than a month, I'd call that a success.

Pretty impressive...

I love it when someone at the range asks me who did the serrations on the slide and when I answer that it is factory.

When I tell them the price their eyes go wide. "And it came with these sights? And this trigger?" Yup.

IDPA rules, look at section 8.5:

http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf

Does it seem legal to you? Yes, I happen to enjoy the red neck league once in a while.

Nic: after pestering my LGS, I now have an X-cal inbound. Anxiously waiting to try it. 2 questions:

1) since you commented on IDPA, I assume it fits in the box and is IDPA legal? Should be OK for SSP and ESP, correct?

2) have you gotten used to the clockwise recoil torque that you commented on previously?

Thx, JR

Edited by jroback

IDPA rules, look at section 8.5:

http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf

Does it seem legal to you? Yes, I happen to enjoy the red neck league once in a while.

Nic: after pestering my LGS, I now have an X-cal inbound. Anxiously waiting to try it. 2 questions:

1) since you commented on IDPA, I assume it fits in the box and is IDPA legal? Should be OK for SSP and ESP, correct?

2) have you gotten used to the clockwise recoil torque that you commented on previously?

Thx, JR

It should fit the IDPA box, since it fits the IPSC box, although the latter is deeper. If anything, you may have to switch the safety levers which would not be an issue if you shoot SSP (DA start).

IDPA SSP has no list, unlike USPSA production. Read section 8.2.1: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/g0hunysc.eoc.pdf

You may have to bring some printout of the Grand Power website or even a brochure to show that this gun comes as it is. You may have a hard time explaining that, yes, the slide ports are stock, as are the sights (USPSA allows sight modifications, not slide ones).

All that is required is a 2,000 production. Showing a printout of the fact that it is on the IPSC production list (and USPSA once it is) would prove that it meets the requirements.

Don't forget that some IDPA SOs are very strict as far as rules and regulations.

The yaw you mention is only an issue if you shoot weak hand without prior practice. It was worse with the K100, not much with the X-Cal, which I love.

I recommend Kingman's holsters. I just got mine and it looks great, better than expected.

+1. I'm glad I didn't have wait for Blade Tech to make me an IDPA-legal holster and ordered one from Robert.

FYI springer precision just real eased pre cut grip tape.

Yeah but for which back strap option?

I use 3M outdoor tread: http://www.amazon.com/3M-Safety-Walk-Outdoor-2-Inch--180-Inch/dp/B0006HVKM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421216743&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+outdoor+tread&pebp=1421216748280&peasin=B0006HVKM4

Cheap and you can cut strips to adapt to any contour. When new, it is super aggressive.

Sorry, I don't mean to discourage any aftermarket initiative for this gun!

BTW when are they releasing mag base pads?

Edited by NicVerAZ

I noted on a GP P45 I saw recently the importer stamp of RSA Enterprise, Ocean NJ. I thought the importer was Eagle Imports? The P45 I saw did not have a fiber front, but the standard white dot version. Which is it, for I see other distributors showing the P45 with a fiber front sight. Because of the two issues noted, was what I saw an early import?

I know where holsters are.

Robert, where did you find the holsters? I've got an LHS holster from David a while ago, but I'd like something which I can use in IDPA.

Tried to contact Blade Tech, they said they can make a custom fit holster if I left the gun there for a few days which is not an option until March-April.

Just to add, I heard from Comp-Tac and their reply was:

" Thank you for reaching out to us on this. Regrettably, at this time, all we have for GP pistols would be our holsters for the GP6. I will be happy to log your requests for these pistols and as they become more and more popular they will get moved up our R&D list. "