Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got a P-09....

ny32182

I don't think I have nearly enough rounds through the P09 yet to really form any kind of opinion, but since a stock 2 is 44oz unloaded I'd be very surprised if it is quite as soft as a stock 2. That said, in my 38 rounds without the decocker digging into me, it seemed very pleasant to shoot. I'm also expecting a more apples to apples comparison after the rest of my planned mods are done.

The metal frame CZs (shadows, I believe) that I've held have been generally too small for my hand except for one that had some extra fat grips on it. The P09, I wouldn't want any smaller than it is especially in the beavertail area, but I do think I'm going to be able to handle it well.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you guys I was hoping you were going to say that the muzzle flips like a 357 magnum...I just put a deposit down on a Production legal P09 from Cajun Gun Works.

Edited by cpa5oh

We are working on a drop in package using the OEM hammer. We have to make certain this will consistently drop in and produce uniform results. We hope to offer this in August of 2014.

We just ordered in a large batch of P-09's so this will allow us to try the parts in a range of pistols.

Edited by schmeky

What is the preferred configuration for these for DA a Production set up? Decocker or Safety? I know that for the standard CZs the Decocker models are to be avoided because it's harder to get a trigger on them but don't know how that applies to these Omegas that are capable of either. I am assuming that Dococker goes to the halfcock notch which should make the DA a little shorter.

Just thought I would quickly caution those who are looking for a good deal on the P-07s to ensure they known the difference between the older models and the 2014 models.
I have seen discussion on another forum comparing prices without realizing the existence of or added benefits of the newest models.

CZ Updates P-07 and P-09 for 2014

A few months ago we reviewed CZ’s excellent P-09, the younger but bigger brother of the P-07 Duty. In it I mentioned that the P-09 got some new, updated features that the P-07 didn’t have. Namely, interchangeable backstraps, a comfortable new trigger shape, a new hammer, and front cocking serrations. Well, CZ has updated the CZ 75 P-07 Duty for 2014 and it now has all of these things and more. Not to be outdone, the P-09 has some new offerings as well . . .

First some housekeeping: it appears that CZ has dropped the “Duty” moniker. These pistols are now just the CZ P-07 and the CZ P-09.

In addition to the changes mentioned above, the P-07 has received more “refined lines,” including a dehorning treatment to get rid of any sharp edges. The CZ-USA website only lists it in black, in both 9mm and .40 S&W, but mentions that some distributors may receive special versions.

For 2014 the P-09 is being offered in an FDE (Flat Dark Earth) frame that comes with tritium night sights, in its standard black frame config, and in a black frame with a threaded, suppressor-ready barrel. So far those new options are only available in 9mm, with .40 S&W available in standard black.

New

cz-usa-cz-p-071-500x333.png

Old

8-CZ-91186.jpg

Edited by alma

I *think* that only applies to P07's, and the P09's didn't come out till later with all the new features. The P07's were upgraded after the fact with the additional stuff that was introduced on the P09. If that is not completely right I'm sure someone will correct me.

I *think* that only applies to P07's, and the P09's didn't come out till later with all the new features. The P07's were upgraded after the fact with the additional stuff that was introduced on the P09. If that is not completely right I'm sure someone will correct me.

Thank you. Correcting the above to only refer to the P07. I know the P09 dropped "Duty" from the name and would be interested to know if there are any other differences in newer models if anyone knows.

Thank you. Correcting the above to only refer to the P07. I know the P09 dropped "Duty" from the name and would be interested to know if there are any other differences in newer models if anyone knows.

From what i know, There is P-09, and P-07 Duty and post 2013 P-07 with Backstraps. Duty model does not have any backstraps and has older mags that hold 16 not 15 like the new P-07. Trigger is different and hammer is different. Also the sights are plastic on the Duty and Metal on new P-07.

What is the preferred configuration for these for DA a Production set up? Decocker or Safety? I know that for the standard CZs the Decocker models are to be avoided because it's harder to get a trigger on them but don't know how that applies to these Omegas that are capable of either. I am assuming that Dococker goes to the halfcock notch which should make the DA a little shorter.

Well, depends what you are doing with it. IDPA, if running SSP, you need to drop the hammer all the way down so Manual safety will not work does not gain you anything. if running ESP, you can run safety. USPSA Production you need to start with the hammer all done, but running limited you can run Safety. 3Gun, running empty chamber most of the time and need to rack-it, so does not matter.

Pick you poison, that the nice thing about this ability in the Omega P models.

BGC

As a note and please, someone correct me if i am wrong but when running a factory decocker you can start in production or SSP with the hammer in the decocked position, ie wherever it falls to when using the mechanical device. You do NOT need to lower the hammer any further beyond that point.

I would run the decocker unless you need the lower profile safety, ie your grip is that high and the front edge of the decocking lever bothers you.

There is no difference in trigger feel between the two mechanisms and they can be switched out easily and without any real fanfare.

As a note and please, someone correct me if i am wrong but when running a factory decocker you can start in production or SSP with the hammer in the decocked position, ie wherever it falls to when using the mechanical device. You do NOT need to lower the hammer any further beyond that point.

I would run the decocker unless you need the lower profile safety, ie your grip is that high and the front edge of the decocking lever bothers you.

There is no difference in trigger feel between the two mechanisms and they can be switched out easily and without any real fanfare.

That is not how they do it in Mid-Atlantic, We have to drop the hammer down for Production and SSP as per the interpretation of the rules. I had to do it on my SP-01 tactical, P-07 and P-09.

bgc