Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Eaa Tanfoglio limited .40

Mild Bill

Have my money together, Federal primers on the way brass, and some upgrades to make to my press today. Going to order a couple things from Dillon, dies, and a set of pins to have my setup complete. Checked everywhere, cant find a pistol??? Anyone have a line on one, rather have a brand new one. If one is not available how about running a 10mm with bullets long? ( Atlas hows that working out?) Also I need bullets, what are you guys running?? RN, TC, coated, plated, lube grooves, or no? Also need mags and a holster setup what do you recommend? I could have posted for the extras on another part of the forum but its more of for this pistol only.

Thanks everyone, William.

If one is not available how about running a 10mm with bullets long? ( Atlas hows that working out?)

I send my slide off for milling work, so I've haven't fired any more .40 through it, but I did do an interesting experiment with a .380 case which made it's way into my 9mm loads: it was a light steel load (3.15gr Clays under a 115) so I figured I'd shoot it and see what happens :ph34r:

It chambered fine and I could see the rim was securely behind the extractor so I shot it; it sounded funny as the brass fire formed to the chamber, but when I extracted it I could see what that article (http://www.thegunzone.com/10v40.html) warned of: there was a scratch in the rim where it pulled past the extractor with the primer ignition then it was slammed back into the breech face, flattening the primer against the head stamp.

Granted, this is obviously less likely to happen with 40/10 because the rim is exactly the same, but I can now see how it could happen.

Checked Texas have one decked out with mag well and trigger job for 1400 with only 1 mag and 2000 rounds thru it, seems a bit high. Tried oak hills first they are out of stock.contacted EAA and Italy is off for the summer all this month, and a month and a half to ship to the US. they have given me some leads to track down, I'm waiting to have a few calls returned.

It appears to have the Henning mag well, and possibly his grips, which can be hard to find sometimes, looks great.

What did the little old lady want for the gun that was only driven on Sundays to church ?

Henning magwell, guide rod, aluminum grips, (firing pin) front and rear sights and a tuned 2.5# trigger. All of the factory parts were never shot and it were put in the bags that the Henning parts came put of and are included 2 mags with grams followers, springs and Henning base plates 1500$ All of it was setup by them.

Told the guy ordered 2 guns they sold 1 and I got the other.Said they set them up to run, tuned triggers, mags to hold 21 and he got bad sick and sold them right back to them. Says less than 2000 rounds but his guess was way less than 2000.

Edited by Mild Bill

nice score mild bill. You'll love it. it still surprises me that the US market doesn't get the nicely lightened slide like we do in aus, the lightened slide would be a benefit for limited for sure. .

if you want to get rid of the stock magwell I'm after a large frame stock magwell. actually is 40 large frame or small frame?

the henning grips and magwell are both good parts to have and improve look and function of the gun. :)

Let me shoot it some, I may part with some stuff. I ordered 1000 extreme 180 grain plated bullets last night, have 7000 federal primers on the way. Have a couple pounds of tightgroup on hand. Will have to order some .40 dies this week. May be able to shoot it next weekend.

Need recommendations for a holster, and mag setup. Where are you guys buying mag parts and body's?