Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 5198 CZ 75 SP01 holster fit CZ 75 Shadow (non-SP01)?

1eyedfatman

I just ordered the CZ 75 Shadow (non-SP01 model) from CZ custom. I am looking for a holster for IDPA, USPSA, Steel and 3gun matches. I use Safariland for my XDM and Glocks and prefer to stay with them (ELS setup). I have read where the 568 model will work, but it doesn't look for sporty although it looks great for normal carry and IDPA. The 5198 model is more what I'm used to, but its made for the CZ 75 SP01 Shadow model. Does anyone know if the non-SP01 Shadow will fit in this holster with retention or if it would be loose? Automaticaccuracy dot net has a 5198 but not sure if it would work.

I don't have an answer to your Safariland fit question but thought I'd advise Comptac makes their International to fit the 75. And that holster has a three hole pattern that jives with Safariland's fork systems. I use one with QLS forks. Just FYI.

t

I don't have an answer to your Safariland fit question but thought I'd advise Comptac makes their International to fit the 75. And that holster has a three hole pattern that jives with Safariland's fork systems. I use one with QLS forks. Just FYI.

t

That is really valuable news that the Comptac will work with the ELS mounts. Can you say the specific size for the Comptac international for the CZ 75 Shadow...talking to CZ custom, the 75 Shadow (non SP01) is a little wider then the standard CZ and he suggested getting the .40 version of the holster instead of 9mm to get a better fit. I see they have

- 75B/85B .40

- 75B/85B 9mm

- P-01

- SP-01 Shadow

- SP-01 Tactical

I can't help ya there. I don't have an International for my CZ. The one in question is for a different pistol. The CZ Custom boys certainly know their stuff though and I'd probably follow their advise. FWIW, Comptac has a pretty reasonable return policy too if it doesn't work out.

t

t

That is really valuable news that the Comptac will work with the ELS mounts. Can you say the specific size for the Comptac international for the CZ 75 Shadow...talking to CZ custom, the 75 Shadow (non SP01) is a little wider then the standard CZ and he suggested getting the .40 version of the holster instead of 9mm to get a better fit. I see they have

- 75B/85B .40

- 75B/85B 9mm

- P-01

- SP-01 Shadow

- SP-01 Tactical

I have a 75 Shadow Custom from CZC. I ordered the highlighted one above and it works great.

The DAA PDR holster looks nice, but all the DAA holsters seem to be designed for the CZ 75 SP01 only. Anybody try them for the non-SP01 CZ 75 Shadow?

The DAA PDR holster looks nice, but all the DAA holsters seem to be designed for the CZ 75 SP01 only. Anybody try them for the non-SP01 CZ 75 Shadow?

I haven't tried that particular model, but I do have a kydex holster that is desinged for the sp01. the only difference is it has more room at the bottom for the rail. the rest of the gun is shaped the same. My p01 and my various 75's all fit perfectly in that holster with no looseness, so i would feel pretty confident orderting an sp01 holster for a 75 without the rail.

A 75 Shadow will not fit in the comptac international holster for a 75B very well. I have both and tried. the lower part of the slide forward of the dust cover is thicker on the shadow (NON sp01) versus the B model.

In my experience getting one for .40 if you get a "B" holster or getting one for a 75 SAO seems to work better.

Currently I am using a comptac SP01 belt holster with a small wooden spacer taped into it to fill in the space for the SP01 full length dustcover and just running my 75 Shadow in that holster.

I am waiting on a custom owb holster from RLN and just based on my communication with them I would recommend one of their holstsers.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I put in an order for 2 Safariland CZ SP-01 holsters last night. I like to get 2 because I set one up for belt loops (IDPA) and one for ELS drop down snap in for USPSA, steel and 3gun. They were only about $22 each at CDT so I decided to take a chance. I figure there will be a little more space where the SP-01 rails are, but hopefully, that doesn't cause wiggle or if it does, maybe I can jerry rig it. I'll let everyone know how it works later this week.

Safariland 5198 CZ75 SP-01 4.72 Barrel Belt Paddle Holster Right Hand Kydex Plain Black 5198-490-411

• 7 months later...