Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

re-shoot for being hit with a frag

I think is people are bleeding you stop them, sure. The questions is, is it a reshoot? Lets look at it a different way, shooter runs too fast, slips and eats a face-full of gravel. He does this without breaking the 180, pointing the gun at themselves or anything else. The are bleeding from a few places. Is it a reshoot?

I mean sure, as an RO I'll stop them to make sure they are ok and because I've stopped them they get a reshoot, but lets say this happens at the nationals, and what could have been a trashed stage ends up winning the Cadillac. Now what?

It's a reshoot if you stop the shooter.....

Note this is different from squib......

Technically, you shouldn't stop a shooter who's suddenly bleeding -- on the other hand it's a biohazard, and we want to limit the exposure. Bottom line, if you stop the shooter in that instance to check on his welfare, he gets a reshoot....

I should have clarified earlier that I would stop a shooter who is obviously injured and bleeding to the point he stops and shakes his head or wipes the blood out of his eyes or whatever. Faces and noses tend to bleed a lot so you don't know if it's a pin prick or a serious laceration until you look at it.

I think the falling depends on the shooter. I hate saying that because it can lead to arguments about double standards etc. But what I am saying is if a pretty good shooter is hauling ass, falls, tears up his knees and elbows but jumps up blazing away without skipping a beat then no harm no foul. But if a junior shooter(little kid) falls and starts crying or looking around for mommy then I stop him/her. If it's an old guy/gal and they seem shaken up from hitting their head and sort of just lay there a few seconds then I stop them too. Both of those cases are extreme I know but I hope the idea comes across.

Pretty much that's my approach. If the shooter stays down, and appears to be stunned or injured, I have bigger concerns than whether they're getting a reshoot. Stopping the shooter allows me to take whatever steps are necessary to clear the range and assess/attend to the competitor....

Would hot brass down the back of your shirt or down in the boobage area of a lady shooter be an external influence?

depends on the boobage

I would need to examine the affected area to make sure that no shenanigans were taking place.

Would hot brass down the back of your shirt or down in the boobage area of a lady shooter be an external influence?

depends on the boobage

I would need to examine the affected area to make sure that no shenanigans were taking place.

I guess women hear lot's of comments when this happens. I was ROing a lady at a charity event recently when two pieces of brass went into her boobage area. When she got done I said something like,"That has got to burn like crazy there". All she said was, "you are right, and NO I don't need help looking for it"! :goof::roflol:

This happened a week ago Saturday at a local match with a very experienced shooter. I stopped him, ULSC, then offered a reshoot. He got hit on the forehead pretty good. Looked bad as most small forehead bleeding goes. He took the reshoot after getting fixed up. I consider it a safety thing. RO call on the safety of it. Safety is always #1.