Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3-Gun Scoring System

I would like to make the following simple statements before I step away from the keyboard.

I like matches that offer unique and interesting takes on the traditional sport of 3 gun.

I like stages with minimum round counts near 100, lots of movement, and where you must do stupid shit. (carry the dummy, climb the wall, crawl through the tube, prone pistol shots, swim in a shark tank, ect.)

Prize tables do not figure into my decision to go to a match, the quality of the match does.

A bad squad can make a good match bad, and a good squad can make a bad match acceptable, but a good squad and a good match makes for an outstanding time.

I don't care as much how the match is scored as long as the person running the show is not a douche.

I also like long range rifle steel that can be seen with the naked eye by all shooters and falls to score.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help myself. I just have to say it!

All the rest is Sour Grapes! :roflol:

Get it? comparing apples and oranges, and now grapes??? My posts are fruitful! Sometimes these things are the pits! (Peach, get it?)

You can't just cherry pick the things you want. When you get lemons, make lemonade!!! Try to get a plum of a prize!

TomAYtoes, TomAHtoes! (Yep - they're fruit, too!) :devil::goof::roflol:

I guess I'm done...but, I think it's a peach of a deal!

Sorry, your not allowed to have two "peach" references in one post, according to the new fruit scoring system. :)

I was afraid someone would catch that! Of course it would be you! :roflol:

.......Bite my lip to avoid any fruit references with respect to you...

Sometimes, you feel like a nut! - I have changed tacts and food groups!

Plum crazy = Dodge muscle :P

Stlhead and JJ I agree with. Denise....you make me :roflol:

Division growth - I don't think match directors other than JJ and Denise even consider this. Prize tables are the :devil: As a matter of opinion I am convinced that MD's and prize table coordinators are rather biased and lean heavy towards TO. Imagine if you would how the table might shift if the competitors knew ahead of time what top swag was going to be on what table. Trends are hard to break and sometimes deep rooted. If division growth really is an interest then it will need some lure to get moving.

Edited by Sterling White

The DPMS tri gun of old had an outstanding prize table, as do so many matches today. They always had a wide distribution of high caliber shooters representing the divisions. All the division winners got a check for 3000 dollars. I think the last year it was held it was 4000. Maybe Kurt can confirm that. Now I fully understand that putting cash on the prize table is a different animal then gathering prizes from sponsors.

Part of my point is that you had a lot of guys going for those big paychecks. All divisions were well cared for, in part I suppose because they hsd a full time employee working on it.

I put out 3 prize tables for the NORDIC Comp shotgun match and it is a headache. Trying to do 5 tables has to be massive work. I have also seen the 4 smaller divisions not represented well at the prize table and have considered jumping from limited at times.

I appreciate the directors who work hard to run represented prize tables. JJ as a match director has seen the unbalance and has choosen a different method, with their massive prize table at RM3G, shooters can chose to compete for the big prizes.

I truely believe most shooters dont pre factor their finish in a match and decide what division to try.

Jay

Time Plus......

What's wrong with straight up Time Plus scoring? Total time plus any penalties and its scored. This rewards the fastest shooter on the stage/match.

I just don't see the reason or need to try change this system. It is Gun Racing if your gun goes down its no different than a broken race car its mechanical and subject to fail. If you miss a target then you take the penalty if you forget one or more there went your match get over it.

I Do feel that there should be One set of Rules for ALL 3 Gun matches that way you know the rules / scoring when you get there.

Time Plus Works.

• 4 months later...