Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production holster

Sixgun

I'm looking to gear up for production. In my research, alot of people said to stay away from Ky-Tac holsters, because of poor customer service. That leaves me with Comp-Tac, Cen-Dex, and BladeTech as the main leaders in holsters.

I'm going to shoot a 5" XD. What would be your holster choice and why? I'm also leaning towards Comp-Tac's "Beltfeed" as a mag carrier.

Also, did I miss another small but equally worthy manufacturer out?

Thanks.

Ray

I have a Blade-Tech for my 4" XD and it is very nice. Their customer service is second to none. I haven't shot production with it but as far as adjustability and fit and all it is very nice.

If you get the Dropped Offset model, you get a little more drop and angle that, depending on you, may be more comfortable. They also make a TecLok attachment that replaces the belt loop and makes the holster IDPA legal if you are so inclined.

I have a Blade Tech holster for my 226 and Kytac mag pouches. I really like the Kytac mag pouches and think they are probably the best Ive tried.

I like my Blade Tech holster and when/if it wears out, I might try the Kytac holster. Heard they are very fast and easy to use and you can get a good grip out of the holster.

Ive read everything about Kytac's supposed poor customer service, but I can only speak for my dealings with them and they have been very good. I have gotten responses to my emails/questions and the products in a very timely mannner. I would not hesitate to buy their products.

G-Code makes a great holster and mags for the XD. I like mine a lot. They even have OD green! To match your 5" XD.

BTW, has anyone heard anything about if and when the XD Pro model or the Rob Leatham Custom models will be produced? Thanks.

Larry

I've been using Blade-Tech's dropped and offset for the last couple of years. It rocks. I used to use only Blade-Tech single mag pouches, but I bought Comp-Tac's Belt Feed pouch a few months ago. It rocks as much as the holster!

Nik,

I just ordered thye DOH and the BeltFeed yesterday for a G34. They looked like the perfect combo for Production.

I ordered both before X-Mas. The Beltfeed should be here soon (USPS SNAFU). It'll go well with the 3 Blade-tech Teklok pouches I have, the 5 new full-cap mags I have, and the rest of the Production equipment (gun included... Glock 34) that's coming or needs to be ordered.

This is the ticket for Production, methinks.

I've been using Blade-Tech's dropped and offset for the last couple of years.  It rocks.  I used to use only Blade-Tech single mag pouches, but I bought Comp-Tac's Belt Feed pouch a few months ago.  It rocks as much as the holster!

Nik,

I just ordered thye DOH and the BeltFeed yesterday for a G34. They looked like the perfect combo for Production.

Sounds like our gear will match then...... I still carry a pair of the BT mag carriers behind the beltfeed.