Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can someone explain to me how section matches work?

I have been shooting uspsa for a couple of years. Up in my area we have a multiple section matches that culminates in a championship series. While one is not required to join the section, if one were to shoot a particular secton match, they would have to pay the extra fee which goes to the section. The monies then go get redistibuted later to series winners.

So is this how its usually done?

Edited by Sandbagger123

Not here. Ohio is it's own section but there is no such thing as a series, etc. We have a section/state match every year. Top Ohio residents in each division are state champions. Never heard of "joining" a section? A shooter is in a section by virtue of his place of residence. I would not pay to join something I am already a member of.

Clubs are usually a part of a section, and they then get a section co-ordinator. Sections usually have by-laws and a pay-in/out of section dues and section slots. The Eastern Colorado section pays a per member/per match fee to the section which is then used for the section awards at the end of the year and other section expenses. Each club has the option of holding one match per year that garners the competitors points towards the section awards, and the slots for nationals. We have typically had a section championship match as well.

It is the clubs that pay a small fee to the section directly, and everyone who shoots a match through match fees. But realize all sections are not organized nor run the same way.

Our section (Western PA) is like Ohio. Section championship, residents of WPA are the ones recognized, just like an Area match. Out of state/country may place higher, but for winning calculations, residence is it.

We don't charge more or collect anything that goes into a kitty for shooters later.

South Carolina is the same way. Single section, clubs pay fee to section coordinator to maintain section web site, single section match. Highest placing South Carolina resident is considered state champion in that division. I'm pretty sure Georgia and North Carolina are the same way. I think Florida has multiple sections but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I have been shooting uspsa for a couple of years. Up in my area we have a multiple section matches that culminates in a championship series. While one is not required to join the section, if one were to shoot a particular secton match, they would have to pay the extra fee which goes to the section. The monies then go get redistibuted later to series winners.

So is this how its usually done?

What area is that?