Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SMM3G Shotgun info

48 is a ton in a shotgun stage, most of the bigger ones I've seen are 28 or less. A local club had a fun 3-gun shoot for USPSA and Cowboy guys. They were setting two stage per bay and one of the course descriptions got messed up and we had two shotgun stages of 38 and then 42!. Not too bad for a semi-auto starting with 11 and using speed sticks but the cowboy guys shooting 2 at a time was tough.

Use the right gun.

At the recent Tiger Valley 3-Gun match, there was a entertaining little 30-round shotgun stage. I had to reload. Once.

If it were a USPSA match, I would have had to reload...twice...

:P

Alex

Everybody please re-read the post. Shotgun rounds on a SMM3G (multi-gun) stage.

I've only done the match once, last year, and I recall carrying no more than three stacks of six shells on my belt for 18 reloads plus the 8 or 9 loaded in the gun, and a few on the sidesaddle.

For your info the IPSC and USPSA rules limit the max number of targets on a stage to 28 and the max number of rounds to 32. The apparent discrepancy in the numbers provides for an increase in rounds if it was a slug stage and each target requires 2 hits. Any combination would be OK providing neither of these limits is exceeded.

Yeah, but........SMM3G isnt a USPSA match, its Dans match. LOL its governed by multi gun assn rules. Which to my knowledge isnt any rules on round counts per stage. I do remember one year i had to carry a drop pouch for reloads, but my benelli carries 9, 9 on my side saddles and 20 on me, wow thats 38. Hope there isnt that big of a stage this year.. :D

When I shot tactical in the past I've carried....

4 - 6 round belt holders

11 on the gun

9 in the gun

9 on my home made arm band

For a grand total of 53 rounds. It was heavy and unweildy, but I didn't run out of ammo :D

When I was in Open class I had 24 in speed sticks, 24 in 6 round carriers, and 10 in the gun. For some reason I never could make my Gold hold 11. A total of 58 rounds total.

Vince

Wow! Thanks guys.

40+ rounds running Heavy Metal gear will be interesting. I may have to modify my loading method to accomodate additional ammo placement.

Snow on the ground anyway so back to the drawing board.

Hi Matt from the Great Northwest!

PK

No Bob, not going to be at the shot show this year, I am no longer working with MGM, Our business has gone so well that is all I really had time for, and my

shooting really shows it.

Well Scott grab a wheel gun and give Jerry a run for his money.. :D

Benny,

You're way off on the '03 count. Maybe you were including all of the extra shots you took??? Stage 4 "Arcadia" was the longest shotgun stage in '03 at 26 rounds in bay four with minimal movement. Top round counts will be around that this year, as well.

A2Chic :ph34r: