Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL for Glock

ES13Raven

1.13 for me. Really anywhere in the ranges we have mentioned will work well depending on the gun. You might load some at a few differing oals to see if one is more accurate than the other out of your particular 34.

I don't know why you wouldn't load as long as you could

Because some guns are much more accurate at a given oal than any others. I shot my G34 for a long time at 1.15. One day I changed powders and loaded some at 1.12,1.13,1.14 and the old standby 1.15.

Was I ever surprised when the 1.13 grouped about 2" tighter than all the others! I went back and loaded some of my old powder at 1.13 to verify and it was tighter as well.

ALL guns are different, even among models. The only way to know what you will get out of a load is to shoot a bunch of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why you wouldn't load as long as you could

Because some guns are much more accurate at a given oal than any others. I shot my G34 for a long time at 1.15. One day I changed powders and loaded some at 1.12,1.13,1.14 and the old standby 1.15.

Was I ever surprised when the 1.13 grouped about 2" tighter than all the others! I went back and loaded some of my old powder at 1.13 to verify and it was tighter as well.

ALL guns are different, even among models. The only way to know what you will get out of a load is to shoot a bunch of them.

As Sarge stated I have also found a shorter OAL to tighten group size. Because of this I usually run everything between 1.120 to 1.135. I was running 147 RN bullets at 1.145 and got 4" groups at 25 with a new G17. I shorted the OAL to 1.130 and found a 2" gun at 25. Since every gun is a law unto its self this may not improve every group size for every gun but it sure works for me.