Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger pull weight

dhf

Has anyone tried egw hammer and sear for the stock2. All my experience with George's stuff for 1911s hAs been great.

As Omar said, the EGW hammer is SAO. It lacks the split in the front for the disconnector (the sear controls operates the firing pin block, not the hammer :sight: )

You could certainly convert a Stock II to SAO, but paying a premium for a hot Production gun then turning it into a shortened Limited seems counterproductive doesn't it?

I have been working bit by but on my new Stock III and I put a CZ TRS spring and the Eric Hammer in last night. Both made significant improvement on the trigger pull as far as smoothness and lighter DA pull. After I installed it I noticed the safety wasn't engaging and realized the new one piece sear is needed. Other than making the safety function properly, will the one piece sear have any effect on the trigger? Any suggestions or experiences you have would be appreciated

Sent from my flux capacitor

You are still going to have to fit the sear to the safety with the one piece sear. I added the one piece sear to my small frame Stock2 and in combination with a CZ-75 sear spring, the SA pull is light and has a very clean break.

So when you say "fit the sear" what steps do you mean? Rubbing down the part of sear that allows safety to go up or actually rubbing down the leg/nub on the safety where they engage? Does that make sense?

Sent from my flux capacitor

for some reason i get a better trigger pull on a 1 pc sear w/ a stiffer FPB Spring..

Because the FPB pushes against the front leg of the sear, helping it disengage.

yep it does and aids in releasing the sear for a better pull

• 3 weeks later...