Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger pull weight

dhf

First I just want to thank all the people that have contributed their knowledge on tanfos. It's helped greatly while working on my s2. I was wondering what kind of pull weights you guys get or can be acheived? I just finished a second go at a trigger job and am very happy with the results. So that got me wondering what can be acheived.

My first attempt was a basic polish and it didn't do much except smooth out the pull. This time I pulled the sear and polished all surfaces that touch one another. Installed a EG delta hammer. Ended up trimming one coil off a wolf 13#hammer spring because of length. I repolished the trigger bar and plunger and installed the cgw cz reduced power trigger return spring.

Now the trigger feels pretty good. The stacking is reduced greatly, trigger pull is smooth. Pull is 7.5# da, 3.5# sa. Is this typical? Is there room to get it down more?

Also, do you guys run yours with the firing pin safety in place or removed? While working on mine I lost the little spring, so currently mines not installed.

Thanks, David

my SA is 1#12oz. Stock 2. I dont know how I got that exactly but it is what it is. Production legal so FPB is there AND functional.

So what's the wait time for Torogi Inc. custom gunsmithing jobs for Stock III's?

;-)

Sent from my flux capacitor

Lol. I dont think there is any magic with polishing parts. I cant get the other stock 2 to give me the same pull but it has a more positive break. The very light single action is like a geiselle S3G, it just breaks.

Maybe because i dry fire it too much=)

Edit: true to what kneeling mentioned once, try to mix parts, youll be surprised of the outcome. Well, unless you dont have any spare parts=(

Edited by Torogi

Cool, I'm glad I've ordered a few extra parts of a little of everything. My SIII is arriving today. I have all the springs and polish points that I'll do. The only 2 things different from my Stock II are that I have an Eric hammer and firing pin in it and as far as spares go I have a Tanfo delta hammer and Henning XL firing pin. Will the delta hammer provide the same positive results the Eric hammer does in y'all's opinion or is the Eric hammer that much better than the rest? I guess the only real way is to try it out but just wondered if anyone has seen dramatic advances in their trigger jobs with it vs the delta hammer?

Gump, if you have Eric's hammer out of the gun at the same time as a standard hammer, try stacking them to see if the holes line up, I'd love to know.

Atlas, I will hopefully have a little time tonight and I'll take some pics and post on thread here for comparisons

I swapped out an Eric hammer with a Delta hammer just because I felt like experimenting what it would feel like. I was expecting it to have a heavier pull but to my novice surprise the DA pull was reduced at least 25-35%. I put the Eric hammer back in because it has been running good with that setup plus I honestly don't think I would ignite primers with this short of a DA. I mean it was LIGHT!!! Course that doesn't matter if the gun won't go PEW PEW :sight:

Edited by bayougump

I edited post, should be able to see the vid of that DA pull now

Dat hammer movement... SMH.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trigger work adventure. It gives me hope!

I edited post, should be able to see the vid of that DA pull now

Dat hammer movement... SMH.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trigger work adventure. It gives me hope!

Twinkie, I don't think it'll ignite any primers that short. Course I'm gonna test it just on the off chance but I'm not holding breath. Even if I went up to a heavier hammer spring I don't think enough force to strike but I'll let you know once I test it out,,lol

I have to take back my previous post, it is not 1#12oz. it is 1#14oz for SA.

Anyway, here is the video. Back up first then main gun. I apologize in advance if I am speaking in my native language. I feel more comfortable that way, besides, its numbers=) you'll see the scale, no need for interpretation.

Nice Videos. Gump I'd be surprised if it went off.

Torogi your main is awesome. Have you set them both up the same and the main is just that much better? My pull is real similar to your back up.

Actually, I could probably do it that way. I set-up my back-up to be as close as stock... not. well, supposedly that is the idea, for the back-up to be 100% reliable. Main spring is intact, no coil cut. It kinda helps too during dry fire, practice with heavier pull.

I just got my Stock III in today and I forgot just how heavy these are straight from the factory. Hell, I feel like a professional in reference to the polishing I did on my Stock I compares to this (TRUST ME, I am not a pro by any means, Atlas is the main reason). Plans are to polish it up, replace some springs and put new guide rod and firing pin and use the delta hammer I happen to have laying around. If that doesn't do it then will try the Eric Xtreme hammer. If I completely fail then off to the gunsmith. Plan on playing the mix and match spare parts game too