Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21SF comes in Ambidextrous?

Max It

Hi Ya Guys,

I am about to 'pull the trigger' on a new G21SF;

I see something about there being an ambi mag release.is that true?

That would be good as I am used to my Springfield XD-Tactical which has that.

got intel?

much obliged,

Max

The gen four is reversible, not ambidextrous.

The SF did come with ambidextrous mag release (button on both sides) the first couple years it was out but they had problems, because the assembly would fall out if a full mag was locked in (at least that's what happened to mine). That is why the magazines had the notch on the front of them for awhile.

so then it isn't an option now?

drat, it would have been nice as that is how I manipulate my mags on the Springfield XD during competitions; with smaller hands it doesn't require a shift in grip.

long live Springfield!

hi AJ, do you think it is still available?

I am buying under the GSSF member discount which means LGS takes order and sends to Glock for fulfillment, unlike regular sales it includes 3 mags.

I wonder if they still have those with Pic rail and Ambi, I will certainly ask.

I have one of the ambi release with the 1913 rail. They only made this model for a short period of time. Glock will actually change out your frame if you want them too because of the issues they had with the release and mags falling out. This model was made for .mil trials back in 2007-08 timeframe.

Glock is definitely not still making the ambi mag release on the Gen 3. It was pretty much a complete failure. I guess some of them work ok, but a LOT of them did not. I've heard Glock has a no questions asked policy where they'll replace your frame if you tell them you have one of the ambi mag release versions; that's how prevalent the issues were.