Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

12 inch LOP stock for Versa Max?

Willz

My wife has expressed interst in shooting my Versa Max after seeing how soft it shoots. Unfortunately she needs a 12 inch LOP, maybe shorter, to shoulder it if she uses a shoulder pad.

She's only 5'4" and petite.

I've had no luck finding anything short enough and I'm not sure how to shorten a factory stock.

I may buy a replacment stock and experiment. Anyone have any info?

Edited by Willz

Just say no to pistol grips!

It is really not that hard to cut them. Take off the original recoil pad and you can see that there is about 2" of shortening possible. I cut them off straight with a chop saw and then put a Kick-Eze sporting clays grind to fit pad back on.

I did cut mine to 13 inches pull and the limbsaver recoil pad part# 10003/Remington 870 youth (non express) fits flush. You maybe able to remove an extra inch but you also may have to remove the sling mount

post-30363-0-95821000-1402026559_thumb.j

Just say no to pistol grips!

PGs Rock!!! :devil:

VMstocks-MTUrbinovsmodifiedBenelliM15_zp

TOP: Mesa Tactical Urbino stock (12.5" LOP)

BOTTOM: Modified Benelli M1 stock

I measure 5'5" and so far the Mesa tactical urbino stock feels sooooo much better than the original I chopped. I can have my left hand more forward on the forend and the shotgun and feels better balanced. What is the reason people don't like pistol grips on shotguns? Is it because of the tacticool stigma? For us short guys we don't have that many options on the versamax :)

In my experience, the versamax is hard for a smaller person to throw around. I like the lower recoil and reliability, and dont mind the weight. However, the Beretta 1301 with a kickoff system added may be a better bet. The 1301 has a sharper recoil due to lighter weight but kickoff helps a bunch. Cost after both guns are modified will be similar but the 1301 is substantially lighter. My girlfriend is 5'2 and petite and has no problem running the 1301 and the length of pull works fine. Just my .02

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...