Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a decent trigger for Back up gun

Maybe a dumb question, but which do you drill and tap for set screw: lower or trigger? What size set screw and tap?

Tito

Just run the set screw through the grip screw hole, then use a shorter grip screw. The hole may or may not be tapped all the way trough, depending on your receiver. The screw lines up right with the back of the trigger allowing you to take out any pre-travel. Jard uses the same exact principal for setting sear engagement on their triggers.

Set screw is 1/4x28x3/8

Just remember if something goes wrong before a match that backup becomes your primary. Save the money and get a Gieselle for the backup.

Good point sir well taken, if that's the case seriously check out the new hiperfire 3 gun triggers they are bad ass. I rarely pick something up and am ready to lay 200 bucks down without a thought. I tried one out in Vegas and they are sweet. I run JP triggers right now and have run geiselle and RRA. My next trigger no doubt is a hiperfire. Not to mention how easy it is to change trigger weight with them. About once a year I shoot NRA matches that require a 3.5 trigger and I personally find changing the spring in my JP a pain. The hiperfire looks so much easier with their weird dual spring setup.

Just remember if something goes wrong before a match that backup becomes your primary. Save the money and get a Gieselle for the backup.

Good point sir well taken, if that's the case seriously check out the new hiperfire 3 gun triggers they are bad ass. I rarely pick something up and am ready to lay 200 bucks down without a thought. I tried one out in Vegas and they are sweet. I run JP triggers right now and have run geiselle and RRA. My next trigger no doubt is a hiperfire. Not to mention how easy it is to change trigger weight with them. About once a year I shoot NRA matches that require a 3.5 trigger and I personally find changing the spring in my JP a pain. The hiperfire looks so much easier with their weird dual spring setup.

JP springs

Polished all

Speed hammer mod

pre-travel screw

Trigger lube

$12.50 = 4 lbs crisp break with NO pre-travel. Its Better than a Mil-Spec (YES) Cheep is good

CMC = 3.5 lbs. :blink: To me Both these triggers seem to HEAVY for Competition. Spend more

If the back up gun is to have a full up match trigger, then any of the above that float your boat. (I like Timney and really am not a fan of HiperFire, but I seem to be the only one. :) )

If the goal is to get a serviceable improvement on a GI trigger and save dough, then I like the ALG Combat Trigger (ACT). It's 1/3rd to 1/4th the price of the big name triggers and is still much better than mil spec. I run one in a couple of my less used rifles (15-22, 9mm carbine, &c.) that I don't want to dump a ton of money into.

JP springs

Polished all

Speed hammer mod

pre-travel screw

Trigger lube

$12.50 = 4 lbs crisp break with NO pre-travel. Its Better than a Mil-Spec (YES) Cheep is good

CMC = 3.5 lbs. :blink: To me Both these triggers seem to HEAVY for Competition. Spend more

Am running a hiperfire 24e and a 24 c in both guns. I love em. Easy to install, change springs easily easy to clean and lube. Customer support is awesome. They know their product well! It's worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.