I have a Glock 35 gen4
Currently I have added:
Zev tech heavy magwell
Arrendondo +5 base pads
Trigger work done by local smith

Want to add:
TTI or Dawson sights
Mod1 treatment

What else should I consider to get the most out if this setup as I build it over the summer? I am not currently setup to reload, will be shooting factory ammo

Thanks

What I would add to what you have:

Dawson black adjustable rear and fiber optic front sights

One piece atleast SS guide rod. Tungston for more weight. You can use one piece in Gen 4 with simple adapter http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155988&CAT=737

reduced recoil spring. 15# would work good with factory ammo

Lots of ammo and practice

Building my Glock for limited in order of importance.

1. Mag extensions.

2. Sights.

3. Trigger work.

4. Magwell.

5. Weight i.e. guide rod, SJC frame weight, Brass plugs.

Most importantly is practice. You can spend quite a bit of money but if you don't know how to use your equipment then what was the point?

Thanks for the information

I plan to order some sights and a stainless guiderod and new recoil spring this weekend.

If I decide to have the slide lightened what kind of impact will this have on muzzle flip? I am not recoil sensitive, but I want gun to be as flat as possible with factory ammo

Thanks for the information

I plan to order some sights and a stainless guiderod and new recoil spring this weekend.

If I decide to have the slide lightened what kind of impact will this have on muzzle flip? I am not recoil sensitive, but I want gun to be as flat as possible with factory ammo

If you are looking for the gun to be flat...try a Tungsten Guide Rod. I run one in my Limited G35...gives a fair amount of weight in the front of the gun...coupled with a weighted magwell it balances nicely.

If you lighten the slide you will have to play around with different spring weights. If you lighten the slide, the velocity of the slide reciprocating changes due to lesser amount of mass moving, and therefore requires a different weight spring to be 100% reliable. A spring calibration pack from Wolff should be fine and you can try out various ones to see which runs best.

Z-

Extended mag release

Heavy extended guide rod

Reduced recoil springs

Aftermarket barrel

Thumb rest

Slide lightening

This list is close to being in order of importance and I would keep the slide lightening as the last thing.

You will do way more for your muzzle flip if you spend your money on reloading rather than slide lightening.

The stock gen 4 recoil spring and guide rod weighs 22.13g and the tungsten guide rod with spring weighs 27.24. Not really that much difference. Is it worth $50 for 5g of nose weight? I prefer the stock guide rod at this point. Not done testing them though......

Although I do not have a tungsten guide rod I cannot see myself buying one due to people on here reporting breakages with them due to brittleness. I think it is still worth it to get a stainless steel uncaptured guide rod since it lets you easily play with spring weights. Even with an extended stainless guide rod the weight difference from oem is not super noticeable to me but I do like the slight difference in balance/feel nonetheless.

Another item you may like is the grip wrap stuff which is basically like skateboard tape. I got it and absolutely love it, even over the gen 4 RTF3 texture. Awesome upgrade and a fairly cheap one as well.

The stock gen 4 recoil spring and guide rod weighs 22.13g and the tungsten guide rod with spring weighs 27.24. Not really that much difference. Is it worth $50 for 5g of nose weight? I prefer the stock guide rod at this point. Not done testing them though......

I thought the same when I decided to buy one. But once installed, I could definitely feel a difference. I have over 10,000 rounds on mine without any signs of cracks or substantial wear. It has a threaded collar at the end that allows me to remove the collar and change spring weights if needed. IMHO was a good investment.

I ran a gen 3 G35 in this setup for about a year before recently going to a CK Arms 2011. The Glock served me well.

grip tape

factory non-extended slide release

Warren Sevigny competition sight set - black rear- fiber front

Dawson ice heavy magwell

Jager heavy extended steel guide rod

Wolff 15 lb recoil spring

Jager striker

Vanek custom super trigger - includes light plunger and striker springs

wolff heavy trigger return spring

TTI firepower extended basepads - got 19 reloadable, 20+1 to start with "new" Glock mags. I got 20 reloadable in pre-1994 mags.

The trigger pull was a crisp 2.75 lb no take-up trigger, very nice for Limited division.

I'm not sure an aftermarket barrel is really necessary, even with reloading coated lead bullets.

I don't think slide lightening is necessary. The slide is already pretty light. There is a thread on here about lightening Glock slides, and some people don't like it as it makes the recoil more violent.

I almost went with the frame weight this year, but as I said, I switched platforms.

Thanks again for the input, my main reason for changing over to a gen 3 style guide rod was so I could adjust the recoil spring weights easily.

Hopefully I will be reloading by the fall and will be able to develop loads that work for me. In the mean time, what are you guys thoughts on Atlanta Arms ammo?

Thanks again for the input, my main reason for changing over to a gen 3 style guide rod was so I could adjust the recoil spring weights easily.

Hopefully I will be reloading by the fall and will be able to develop loads that work for me. In the mean time, what are you guys thoughts on Atlanta Arms ammo?

I've run the Atlanta Arms 180g reloads and have been very happy with them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's more about being able to tailor the recoil spring weight for me than the weight.