Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 SPX/JM Pro Elevator (Lifter)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but not new to the mossberg family. Just wanted to pass on some new info on these "restricted" lifters.

I called Mossberg about two weeks ago and spoke to Samantha in the general sales area and inquired about purchasing a lifter. Initially it was the usual BS about a restricted item but after convincing her that I was only interested in the lifter, she went and asked her general sales manager.

Long story short, Samantha said that her manager approved the sale of the lifter because it would be sold as a "stand alone" item. Since the lifter is part of the trigger assembly, that's why it's considered a restricted item. The lifter by itself is not restricted. FedEx just dropped mine off today and it will be going to either Dissident Arms in Houston, Tx or c-rums to get welded up. I'll be calling Monday to get another one!!

Ok, I made some headway!! I called Mossberg again and bought a lifter straight up! Total cost with shipping to me (shipping is different for everyone) was $26.95!!

If you want a spare lifter (elevator), contact SAMANTHA at Mossberg Sales. Here's her direct line... 830-758-7536. Tell her Anthony in Laredo sent you...lol.

"Please allow 7-14 business days for delivery"... I got mine in 8 days.

There are 6 of us in the group I shoot in that have JM Pro's. 1 of the guys ordered a new lifter from Mossberg a month or so ago. He sent it to CRums to get welded up. once he got it back he gave the spare to me and I did the same. Then I gave it to the next guy and so on. We split the cost and it saved us from having a gun down while the lifter was being worked on since we shoot 3gun twice a month at least. We had no issue ordering one from them.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW.. here is another kudos for Mossberg support.

I called them last week and to inquire about buying a replacement lifter. They asked me for my serial number and verified, then sent out a replacement free of charge. Call couldn't of taken more than 5 minutes and I received the part yesterday.

Note: I tried calling Samantha first but reached her voicemail, so then just called directly into the regular support number. Maybe all the calls to Samantha generated an alert for regular customer service to resolve these requests.

Edited by HeyChris

• 2 months later...

Bookmarked this thread!

just picked up a virgin SPX on an impulse and was noticing some bite to her.

Morpheus, what was the cost to have C-rums lifter work? TIA

EDIT

Found the correct part of his site, http://www.c-rums.com/Carriers.html

There is another guy that has been doing lifters also, he doesn't require you to send in yours, he has them in stock alreaded welded up. His info is below.

SKY TAC- Southern Kentucky Tactical - CJ Smith- gunsmith.

He has new ones in stock,

no need to send yours out, so there is no turn

around times.

He's on FB- located in Bowling Green KY.

1-270-246-3672

Just give him a call....

• 1 month later...

Bookmarked this thread!

just picked up a virgin SPX on an impulse and was noticing some bite to her.

Morpheus, what was the cost to have C-rums lifter work? TIA

EDIT

Found the correct part of his site, http://www.c-rums.com/Carriers.html

There is another guy that has been doing lifters also, he doesn't require you to send in yours, he has them in stock alreaded welded up. His info is below.

SKY TAC- Southern Kentucky Tactical - CJ Smith- gunsmith.

He has new ones in stock,

no need to send yours out, so there is no turn

around times.

He's on FB- located in Bowling Green KY.

1-270-246-3672

Just give him a call....

Sent CJ mine, great work and fast turnaround.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a JM PRO and did my first attempt at a tactical shotgun match last Saturday, so I'm new to this. Yesterday, as I was practicing loading and unloading, through the bottom, I noticed that my snap cap hit the lifter hard one time. It left a mark across the bottom of it and if the lifter had a center to it, I'm afraid it would have ignited a real shell. Is that a worry with the welded lifter or does everyone just unload by cycling shells through with the charging handle?

When mine was welded up by c-rums there was a pretty straight line across the front, no extended center that was likely to ignite a primer. I unload by pushing up on the lifter and then either pushing on the shell stop or shell release button.

I have two welded from c-rums and no worries of igniting the shell, best mod you can do to a 930 in my opinion this thing is the thumb trap. I have friends that don't have an issue but it only takes once to really bite you and you can't weld the lifter up fast enough.