Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiced!!

gmshtr

Well, I started the new off right with 600 rounds of practice in two days. It's the most I've EVER practiced over a 48 hour period!

Sure felt good. Looking forward to a great season. Sure I'll see some of you in Florida or at S&W Academy in Feb.

Phil Strader

Rodney...no more!

Way to go Skipper! Way to set a good example for the rest of the team (finally...sheeesh!). Now as soon as I can get my new CZ (boy I hate MD's gun laws!) I'm going to follow that example! :D

I have been frustrated in my practice lately; I have to use whatever I can get down here and the bullets are tumbling. Hard to practice accuracy or dial in a pace when you can't be sure if that miss is you or the bullet.

I got so frustrated, I went out, squib rod in hand and practiced with old ammo I knew had some squibs in it, just to practice without tumblers. Burned almost 300 rounds, and hammered out six squibs.

(hey, Phil shoots IDPA too)

GAMER! :P

Turtle: You shouldn't complain about Maryland's gun laws; you really need to watch the official MD State Safety Video required for all handgun buyers in MD - otherwise, you might shoot your eye out! Its for your own good. Seriously though, after moving to VA in 2000, I can't say I miss living in MD much at all. Looking forward to you shooting that rockin' new 85 Combat in '05! D.

• 2 weeks later...

I took off work early yesterday and as soon as I got home, BJ and I loaded up and went down the hill to the range. It was good to finally burn some powder :D.

I haven't shot anything since about Nov and BJ had not shot his Open gun since VA_MD Sectional in Oct when he sent it back to Bob to be chromed. We were a little rusty, but dry fire has helped.

Unfortunately, it is supposed to turn extremely cold again this weekend and will probably suspend our outdoor practice again :angry:

• 2 months later...

I threw in a twist today that I'm going to continue through the year. During my practice session I'll run three or four drills, then score the targets. For each point down, I do that many push-ups after pasting the targets. Those long distance targets are tough! After the first 30 push-ups, you really start aiming, which gets harder the more push-ups you do!

Hard to beat that! Exercise, shooting, and motivation to be accurate!

Yup, been there done that! Back in San Diego during the 50 yard drills (you don't hear people practicing that drill much anymore!!!) our ladies team coach would make us sprint down range and paste anytime a shot was outside the A zone.