Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Louisiana Gator Classic Applications

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it in along with a few good friends. For wait list guys, October is a long way away. I was out in the cold for the MS Classic but got the call about an open spot 4 days before the match. You never know.

If your on the waiting list you will see the following text at bottom of the "Thanks for Registering" email:

"You have been waitlisted in 2014 Louisiana Gator Classic, as it is currently full.
The match director will notify you if you are approved."

Edited by razorfish

Roe14 it did not open at 0400 read further up. It opened at 0600. She didn't have central time zone setup. Fact of the matter is it doesn't matter when it opens up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty crappy to open up registration at 0400 on a holiday weekend.

Someone would bitch no matter what. Hell, I'm local and didn't get in either it's not like it was some conspiracy.

This would have filled up just as fast regardless of the day or time registration opened. The Gator and MS Classic seem to always fill up fast. Just shows how good of a match the crew down here put on year in year out

Sent from my flux capacitor

I know it would have filled up quickly regardless of the day or time registration opened, that's not the point. All I'm saying is it's a holiday weekend, and very early. You completely shut out a lot of shooters from having an opportunity to register, which is pretty disappointing for a major match.

I know it would have filled up quickly regardless of the day or time registration opened, that's not the point. All I'm saying is it's a holiday weekend, and very early. You completely shut out a lot of shooters from having an opportunity to register, which is pretty disappointing for a major match.

The "we're opening soon but not saying when" is what bothered me, but, it is what it is. If the time had been posted, the people that cared enough to be ready at that time would have at least had a chance. This way, it was just the people who happened to be up and online, and everyone else is left out in the cold. I'd wager that posting the opening time would have resulted in a very different list of competitors.

It would be nice to know what number we are on the wait list. If we knew if we had a chance we could request vacation from work or just forget it and move along and schedule a different match.

I will just say this as a competitor not as the registration lady. MS Classic is my other favorite match and I don't ever want to miss it because it is a weekend get away from real life! I get to shooting not work and have lots of fun seeing friends that I don't get to see often! They don't give a heads up so I just checked this website and their website everyday from the beginning of December until the match opened so I wouldn't miss out. They filled in 3 days and I was lucky enough to get a slot. I'm very sorry that some people are not happy about the way things were done but I did my best.

I think that this also points out how desperate the area is for matches. There are very few matches that are driving distance matches and even fewer if you are a revolver shooter since we are not welcome at some matches like the last Texas State open. :angry2:

the one day you don't have to get up early to go to work and when you check the web site its sold out , makes you wonder, it will be interesting to see who was up and got in at that time of the morning. and with no heads up thats amazing

Two ways to approach this:

1) "Wow, our match is so popular, people are mad they didn't get in. What a compliment! Maybe we can expand next year!"

2) Insult the people that are upset they won't be able to hang out with you for the weekend.

Edited by mahamoti

Pretty crappy to open up registration at 0400 on a holiday weekend.

Someone would bitch no matter what. Hell, I'm local and didn't get in either it's not like it was some conspiracy.

Another State Champion out...

I saw Steph at the MS Classic two weeks ago. People were asking when the application would be out and she said, "Keep checking the forums."

She gave no inside information there, even the local Louisiana shooters had to be on their toes.

I noticed on one of the forums the application was out and jumped on it. I have friends that made it, and those who didn't.

If some believe there's a conspiracy afoot, then I feel sorry for you, because you don't know her for who she truly is.

If people can't see why others find it "interesting" that in less than 2 hours on a holiday morning at 6, a match filled up completely, then they are being overly defensive.

After a strong finish last year I was looking forward to it again this year, maybe in 2015.

I saw Steph at the MS Classic two weeks ago. People were asking when the application would be out and she said, "Keep checking the forums."

She gave no inside information there, even the local Louisiana shooters had to be on their toes.

I noticed on one of the forums the application was out and jumped on it. I have friends that made it, and those who didn't.

If some believe there's a conspiracy afoot, then I feel sorry for you, because you don't know her for who she truly is.

I never said anything about a conspiracy, just that it was a crappy move to open registration in the early morning on a National holiday. Nothing can be said to change that. I think many would agree.