Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a shorter reach trigger for CZ?

bofe954

I am looking at replacing my "old style" trigger to the "new style" due to the long reach as well. I can barely get my finger on it to where I can pull the trigger without my finger slipping off. I've tried the "new style" and I like it a bit better.

I wish the double action reach on my cz was the same as my tanfo stock 2 because I have no problem reaching that trigger in double action. The trigger on it is curved more like the sp01 trigger but without the "pinch" feeling.

I wish the double action reach on my cz was the same as my tanfo stock 2 because I have no problem reaching that trigger in double action. The trigger on it is curved more like the sp01 trigger but without the "pinch" feeling.

The SP01 is almost identical to the stock two, I'll trade one for your old style.

I am looking at replacing my "old style" trigger to the "new style" due to the long reach as well. I can barely get my finger on it to where I can pull the trigger without my finger slipping off. I've tried the "new style" and I like it a bit better.

I have a NEW style trigger....You want to trade ????

Mine is in great shape....email me

mariobrenes91@gmail.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The SP01 is almost identical to the stock two, I'll trade one for your old style.

I've already got a line on a new style trigger. Thanks though!

Did the SP01 you shot have a silver trigger or a black one? The black SP01 trigger is the shortest reach:

It was a silver trigger. It was a target model with the short reset. I liked the short reset, trigger reach was a hair long. The pad of my finger was on the front edge of the trigger instead of the flat.

Did the SP01 you shot have a silver trigger or a black one? The black SP01 trigger is the shortest reach:

It was a silver trigger. It was a target model with the short reset. I liked the short reset, trigger reach was a hair long. The pad of my finger was on the front edge of the trigger instead of the flat.

Yes, you can switch to a black SP01 trigger for a shorter reach.

It may be worth re-considering that offer. What kneelingatlas has is not the 'new style' trigger, but the SP01 trigger which is the shortest reach of the 3 types and is closest to the stock II trigger that you like. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It may be worth re-considering that offer. What kneelingatlas has is not the 'new style' trigger, but the SP01 trigger which is the shortest reach of the 3 types and is closest to the stock II trigger that you like. :)

Even though it is very similar in style the tanfo trigger does not pinch your finger like the cz spo1 trigger does.

Just a thought.

For people with an extreme reach problem couldn't you also modify the trigger bar/Disco/sear to move both the DA and SA to the rear.

Someone asked me the other day about it and that got me thinking if you were to remove as much metal as you could on the trigger bar were it contacts the disco and some on the disco that should push the contact point and break point of the DA back and create more pre travel. Now because of that I believe you would also have to remove metal from the trigger bar where it contact the sear and mod the sear leg. This all works in my head so far :huh:

So now that the DA contact and break point are moved back your left with some sloppy pre travel so you would need to pull the trigger bar and drill it out on the front corner shouldn't matter what side and thread it for a pre travel screw, then you would just set it so the DA resets. Another problem would be if you moved everything to far back the SA would bottom out on the frame but for those's that can't have a trigger over travel screw you could use the frame as a stop.

Edited by thompsoncustom

TC, I hear what you're saying but I think that approach creates more problems than it solves; the SA break is right where you want it already so leave it alone, the DA is all in the disco, so the thing to do would be to shorten it from the rear pivot hole. I discussed this idea to it's extreme with a friend who wants to design a CZ SIRT pistol with a DAO trigger which mimics the SA stroke. I'll see if I can find the picture I made.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Could it really be that simple? Also by moving the disco back the trigger bar will hit the sear leg before the release which will add a tiny amount of pull weight but other than that I don't know if there would be any problems. I'll have to look at my spare disco's I'd drill a new hole and play around with the idea.

Edited by thompsoncustom

The CGW short reach kit includes a modified disco to to help shorten the DA reach. If you only used their disco and didn't use their modified trigger you would still be production legal.

Putting a set screw in the trigger bar to remove the pre travel would be rough. The trigger bar is insanely hard.

http://www.cajungunworks.com/miscellaneous_items.html

If the trigger doesn't start in the factory position it's not prod legal. So if you modify it to shorten the initial reach by modifying the disco it would still be a external mod because the trigger has been moved or so I've been told.

• 3 weeks later...