Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 41 set up

rowdyb

I have one but don't plan on competing with it anytime soon, mostly because I am new to shooting matches.

At any rate, mine works well with Taran sights, Taran Connector/Spring Kit and a Jager steel guide for a G4-34 with a 15lb IMSI spring.

Edited by tonyxcom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

409824578.jpg

Full frame stipple and double undercut by MOD 1, ZEV spring kit and connector, and after this picture was taken- adjustable sights from Dawson. I've shot this gun in a couple 3 gun matches in Heavy Metal and I'm starting to like it a lot.

What are you guys using for a front sight height?

I have a Warren/Sevigny Competition rear sight on my G41 and want a Dawson 0.125 wide fiber optic front sight. The standard Sevigny front comes in 0.215 and 0.245 heights while the Dawson's have about 6 different heights. I know I could experiment, but I don't want to buy 3 different heights to play with. I was just wondering what you guys were using?

I'm current shooting a 230gr FMJ bullet going about 720 fps if that matters. I do plan to switch to a 200gr bullet going a but faster when I run out of my current supply of bullets.

Thanks,

-Cuz.

I currently have the TTI set on mine. But I have used a .250 rear with .235 front and it was just about POA for me. I want to say the TTI prints just about identical.

Edited by tonyxcom

I currently have the TTI set on mine. But I have used a .250 rear with .235 front and it was just about POA for me. I want to say the TTI prints just about identical.

It seems a lot of people are going with the TTI sights. I have to start asking around once the outdoor shooting starts up again to find someone that has them. I want to check them out before I jump in. I think I just got the Sevigny competition rears on everything now and like them a lot, especially the narrower 0.130 width.

• 5 years later...

Bumping this for an update since I just dug out my G41 from the back of the safe to start Shooting again.  Current primer shortage has me switching from 9mm to 45acp. 

What are you guys using for a guide rod and recoil spring to convert the Gen4 to the traditional Gen3 type?

Is anyone besides carver making a mag well?

Thanks,

Cuz. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/21/2014 at 5:56 PM, atbarr said:

My Gen 3 G34, flops around in my G41 Blade-Tech DOH. My Gen3 G21, will not go in the G41 holster.

A g21 has the same slide width as a g20/40, but the g41 is more like the small frames 17/22/31.   I have holsters for all and the g41 fits my 17/22/31.   All are gen4.                  G41 slide width 1.002

G21 width 1.122

G20/40 1.122

G17/22/31 1.004

I would attach pics, but file too large.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cuz said:

Bumping this for an update since I just dug out my G41 from the back of the safe to start Shooting again.  Current primer shortage has me switching from 9mm to 45acp. 

What are you guys using for a guide rod and recoil spring to convert the Gen4 to the traditional Gen3 type?

Is anyone besides carver making a mag well?

Thanks,

Cuz. 

Lone Wolf sell gen3 to 4 guide rod adapters

4 hours ago, K-Tex said:

Lone Wolf sell gen3 to 4 guide rod adapters

Thanks, I ended up going with a Carver rod and adapter. I’ve had good luck with his stuff. 

I also sent the slide out to get milled for MOS plates so I could put an optic on it. That didn’t go as well as I’d hoped.