Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sparks Snow-In

ErikW

4 wheel high! Nevada snow is pussy snow. Plus you got some fairly flat terrain. I had a Tacoma. Sucker climbed ice walls in the winter, much better than my Tundra. We are talking REAL mountains too.........hehe.

If someone is following too close in a snow state......your driving too slow. You will get sideways in 4 low, keep in 4 high.

Go for a snowblower! The BEST home product that I own. My wife doesn't even have to ask me.

First off it's got a motor :D , and gears, and a destructive thing on the front that ejects what it destroys. Did I mention the gears you get to play with.

Like a hot knife thru butter... B)

OK, I did see something pretty cool today: a Bobcat with a snowblower attachment.

Weeks ago at Mt. Rose I saw a big-ass articulated Caterpillar front loader used for snow removal upside-down on a hill. ong45 and I can't figure if the 90 mph winds blew it over the edge of the parking lot, or the operator just got too close to the edge.

Nevada snow is pussy snow.

WhatchutalkinboutWillis? It's sierra cement, high water content. Heavy when fresh, then icy when packed.

A friend of mine moved to Elko and does iterate that it is pretty bad. But its still pussy snow country...flat, plowed and never really too deep. Hes from a he-man snow state with mtns. He now wants to move further south. Take it out of 4 Low yet?

I wish the @#$%! trash collectors had the work ethic of the USPS pictured above. They didn't pick up last Friday because of the snow, and they said just leave it out, they'd get to it. All week, no snow, no pickup. Now it's our regular pickup day and they obviously aren't coming with several inches of new snow today. I'm just glad frozen garbage doesn't stink.

Have to laugh... In Alaska it was months sometimes before certain throw-away things were 'picked up'... garbage, dead bodies, doggy-doo. Boy, I'll tell ya', when spring came around Anchorage could smell pretty strange on occasion. You also had to watch where you stepped. :lol:

PS--I'm not kidding about the dead bodies... :ph34r:

I wish the @#$%! trash collectors had the work ethic of the USPS pictured above. They didn't pick up last Friday because of the snow, and they said just leave it out, they'd get to it. All week, no snow, no pickup. Now it's our regular pickup day and they obviously aren't coming with several inches of new snow today. I'm just glad frozen garbage doesn't stink.

Chill! It's cold out, the trash will keep. USPS got suckered with that "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night . . ." thing.

The truck will take you where you need to go in 4 wheel high.

Can you practice shooting in your back yard ? :ph34r:

Eric,

It is a case of the more you complain about the weather the more that Mother Nature is going to dump on you. I complained about the cold and we just had a week that never got above +10 and the newspaper has a frontpage story about an expected 35 below by mid next week.

The Weather Channel is predicting another foot for Reno so don't forget to go out and brush the snow off the gagbage can or the waste company won't be able to find it if they do decide to show up.

All the shoveling I did yesterday was covered this morning. I drove through it to get to ong45's house then we went snowboarding in miserable conditions. We got to this double-black-diamond Chute just as they opened the gate. It was like Banzai Downhill (from Better Off Dead) in two feet of powder. The drive back was scary, whiteout conditions. The brake-riding Explorer we were following must have driven off a cliff because it just disappeared.

And James wants to leave at 7:00 tomorrow to do it again!

P.S. My Toyota's diff. lock disables ABS! Ain't that a dilemma. :) But I'm learning to trust the open diff to get me through the snow and out onto the plowed roads.

here, i have like triple that, and we're having a blizzard today, later on :)

our third one this season :lol:

we had two in a row... it was baaaaadddd.

i think we got like an inch of snow yesterday, like snow and its windy, so it kept blowing in my face when i was walking home from school