Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1301 chokes

IC and modified.

Mostly ic but I break out the modifed for the Texas star or those small angle irons.

Would like to have a cylinder for clays only stages, especially close arrays of clays

when you use chokes so close in restriction you really do not GAIN any benefit, except mentally perceived. going every other one gives you a definite benefit that you can see and apply.

IC-M, or Cyl-LM, or LM-IM those are good chokes differences, having a complete set and trying to decide between IC and LM, or Cyl and L Sk, is really not worth the effort when dealing with shot.

Trapr

when you use chokes so close in restriction you really do not GAIN any benefit, except mentally perceived. going every other one gives you a definite benefit that you can see and apply.

IC-M, or Cyl-LM, or LM-IM those are good chokes differences, having a complete set and trying to decide between IC and LM, or Cyl and L Sk, is really not worth the effort when dealing with shot.

Trapr

Yep...The Sporting Clay guys will tell you exactly the same thing. If you are not skipping at least one constriction (tighter or looser) its really not worth the time to change tubes.

Edited by GunCat

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 3 choke set made by Trulock. . They are waterfowl chokes and listed as close, mid, and long range but I found out afterwards that they are cylinder, improved, and modified choke with lead shot. But they are extended chokes so they are easier to handle.