Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929...My new toy

mikeAZ

Came in today...Thanks, Vic Pickett for the heads up!!!... looks pretty nice. No problems visible, nice & tight. I don't think I'm allowed to post the FFL's business name?, but they have more coming in the near future. Check the "born on date". Time for a cold one and some serious fondling. Mike in Arizona

post-8013-0-16847900-1399334978_thumb.jp

post-8013-0-00549700-1399334998_thumb.jp

Edited by mike NM

The front sight is .0226 at the very rear. (remember, to order the front sight that needs to be drilled for the pin... NOT the snap in one.).The moon clips are .035, and a bit loose.... I've sent the cylinder along with the 3 factory moon clips out for sizing. Last night, I shot a 147 grain x 130 PF Montana Gold load that I had for my production semi auto pistol, recoil was not bad and accuracy was good right out of the box. Extraction was EZ. (The trigger pull measured 9.15 #'s, needs a little help). As for bullets, unless you use lead bullets, I haven't been able to find much over 147 grain in FMJ x .356...and the MT Gold's are not a complete round nose although they are probably good to go with a tighter moon clip. I have 627's and was using the short Colt rounds, nothing wrong with that set-up at all but I shoot more 9mm that anything else... That is my reason to have wanted a 929, no more .356 bullets /.357's /.358's and on, plus I have buckets of good 9mm brass....I read that some think the 6 1/2" gun is too long BUT I look at it this way, I'm a 1 1/2" closer to the target than you are.

Edited by mike NM

My 929 showed up Monday.

Worst factory D/A trigger I have ever felt. Ever.

However on the accuracy side of the house it is a hammer. 8 shots under 1.5 inches at 25 yards off bags.

What load were you using?

I do so want a 929 with a titanium cylinder, cut down and the barrel set back like Smith did with the 625-10. 6" barrel with the external "profile" of a 5-inch gun.

A nice trigger job, bobbed hammer, fiberoptic front sight, chamfer job, and a zillion good moonclips......

[drool]