Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40s&w buldged brass

blackiechan

New to glocks and reloading 40s&w. Winchester white box from Walmart.

shooting out of a gen 4 35 with factory barrel.

Pretty much every round looks like this. You can kinda see it, I can feel the lil bump.

Should I worry about it?

Can I reload these without using a buldge buster or something like that?

How many times do you guys reuse the brass?

post-49603-139797942379_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Reload one and see if your sizing die will remove it. Case gauge them or drop test into your barrel to see if they will chamber afterwards. I lose my brass before I wear them out. I load them for both minor and major.

Yup is normal when fired from Glocks since the case is not fully supported in the chamber. I use the Redding push thru sizing die before running them for reloading. No safety issue that I know of. As standard procedure I case gage all of my reloads.

I reload my "glocked" brass and have never had any issues. I run a full set of lee dies including the fcd. Sizing die sizes further down than most other brands. No need to case gauge them as the fcd checks them all for me. Never had an issue, just reload till they split.

Edited by LoganbillJ

The Redding push thru die is nice but the extra step is not for me. EGW makes a undersized "U" die which I use. Also the Lee FCD will help. I don't shoot a Glock, but most of brass I get has that bulge in it(guessing its most likely from a glock).

Glocked brass only causes problems in tight match chambers. If you are going to reload these to be shot in a Glock the push through is unnecessary but does add some extra insurance for reliability. If you were going to shoot these in a Lone Wolf or a Bar-Sto barrel with a really tight chamber you might want to take the extra step. Otherwise load and enjoy.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I don't use any special die to size my Glock brass or once fired I buy. My Hornady die sizes it down just fine. I use it in both my 35 and my STI so I know there is no bulge left. Try your standard sizing die before getting more equipment and adding time to your reloading. Make sure it's screwed in all the way down so it's almost touching the shell holder.

I just reloaded a few rounds with lee dies and they seem fine, will test fire them tomorrow.

What oal do u guys use? The chart says maximum is 1.135. Can I load longer? Any advantages for loading them longer?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Edited by blackiechan

The Lee's will serve you well.

The longer you load, to a point, the better they will feed. Your bullets will determine your oal. Generally the 1.135 works great in all glocks. I load to that most of the time. I did however have some of my flat nosed berrys that needed to be loaded to 1.15 to feed reliably.

Start with 1.135" and work from there.

Edited by LoganbillJ

• 2 weeks later...

+1 with klee....I run an EGW U-die in the first station of my Dillon 550b...I use ALOT of Glocked brass...never had a problem...have run my reloads through Glocks, Para's, Springer 1911-A1 in .40....etc.